Egg tactics

Started by Gem, December 13, 2020, 05:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gem

Hi there, I was just wondering, how you guys handle the eggs?
I'm missing a possiblity to disarm them. My usual way of dealing with a bunch of them so far: Get a or many Snipers (maybe ERN him up) near the eggs, wait until most of them got their payload of and user Conversion on that.

But I feel like there should be another way, because it's a bit annoying to deal with a lot of eggs in endgame (I usually like to eco up first, not the kind of rush guy  ;) ).

So, any suggestions/thoughts are welcome.

Kharnellius

Snipers and bombers carpet bombing the area they're located.

Wait....CONVERSION!?!?  Ummm how do you do that?!

eduran

Quote from: Kharnellius on December 18, 2020, 08:41:39 PM

Conversion is one of the orbital strikes you gain by launching rockets.

Kharnellius

Quote from: eduran on December 19, 2020, 02:40:40 AM

Rockets?  I've beaten the game and had no idea there were rockets, lol.  Wtf, mates?  Game doesn't always do a good job telling you thing.s

Quizwit2

Thanks for info! Used rocket a couple times and have seen the orbital options a couple times, but hadn't put these together! More info from Knuckle Cracker is definitely needed. This isn't advice on tactics, but part of the rules of the game.

For tactics--I too just keep bombing the things until they're used up. In most recent game, finally wised up and destroyed the spore towers first. (Otherwise, just keep getting more eggs planted next to theoretically nullified emitters.)

Deadl0ck

Quote from: Kharnellius on December 19, 2020, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: eduran on December 19, 2020, 02:40:40 AM

Rockets?  I've beaten the game and had no idea there were rockets, lol.  Wtf, mates?  Game doesn't always do a good job telling you thing.s
They only get introduced in the very last story mission, as you open the last data cache, together with the Thor blimp.

Deadl0ck

I deal with Eggs using snipers / and advancing lines of mortars. If I have air units, I generally drop a few bombers or on it, or orbital rain on large sections.

Feralprowler

Snipers and mortars are the cheapest direct offense. The mortars are especially useful since all the eggs are usually around one spot, the mortars are likely to always be hammering on that spot every time the eggs go off, as the targeting goes for the largest creeper stack in range.
If defense is needed, backup with either some Sprayers set to always on, or a Shield or two (not both)
If you think its going to be particularly nasty (i.e. high egg production rate or high amount of eggs there) you could use TERP's to put the eggs in a "valley' with an outlet that flows away from your forces, to redirect the excess creeper.
The most effective solution (though the most expensive) would be Destroy the mass of eggs at once, then drop conversion missile on them.

flamewolf393

Would be so fun if the conversion bomb could turn the eggs themselves into AC eggs :P

Gem

Quote from: flamewolf393 on January 03, 2021, 07:33:14 PM
Would be so fun if the conversion bomb could turn the eggs themselves into AC eggs :P

Yeah right, or something else to do with them, that is NOT let them explode and deal with the resulting creeper. Maybe only an ERN Sniper can destroy them safely or something like that.

BilboGCL

Quote from: Gem on January 04, 2021, 07:59:35 AM
Yeah right, or something else to do with them, that is NOT let them explode and deal with the resulting creeper.

You are asking for a shield, maybe an erned one?

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!