Range formula for nullifiers

Started by Xindaris, September 24, 2020, 10:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xindaris

Does anyone happen to know exactly what the range of a nullifier is, in units? By which I mean, what is the formula? I know it takes into account the player's forge upgrade for weapon range, and whether or not it's on a power zone, but I'd like to easily tell whether or not a given location is within range of a nullifier. Apologies if this is covered somewhere, or if there's a constant I can read off of a nullifier for this, but I couldn't find anything in the wiki.

Builder17

Quote from: Xindaris on September 24, 2020, 10:39:41 AM
Does anyone happen to know exactly what the range of a nullifier is, in units? By which I mean, what is the formula? I know it takes into account the player's forge upgrade for weapon range, and whether or not it's on a power zone, but I'd like to easily tell whether or not a given location is within range of a nullifier. Apologies if this is covered somewhere, or if there's a constant I can read off of a nullifier for this, but I couldn't find anything in the wiki.

Nullifier has range of 9.9 and when in powerzone, range is 19 or so. (measured in cells)

Forge upgrade actually doesn't affect nullifier, as listed in here:

https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=cw3:unit_data_overview#structure_weapon_ranges

Unit data overview has pretty detailed information of the player units :)

Xindaris

Ahh, that's the page on the wiki I failed to find. Thank you very much. I guess I fooled myself while playing the game into believing that nullifier range expanded with the upgrade, heh.

Xindaris

...And, I have a new problem. It doesn't appear to be possible to check if there's a power zone under a unit. Gah.
EDIT: Looks like I can't read; disregard. Sorry. Can't find "post delete" button either.