Custom Map #1128: Blob Invasion 2. By: Bluebolt

Started by AutoPost, April 10, 2018, 09:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1128: Blob Invasion 2

Author: Bluebolt
Size: 480x270

Desc:
More of those blobs! What will you do? Battle awareness will keep you alive... #PRPL #Blobs #CustomModules #CM #CustomUnits

chwooly

So this just happened.

Since this is a map specific bug and not a (IMO) game bug I am posting here.

At about 10mins in, All my items froze, the store bar at the top was at 2200 or there abouts, I reloaded from the save 3 times, the first 2 times nothing changed the last save it unfroze and the store bar is back at 100. I have attached a save file and a screen shot.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

bluebolt

Very odd, looks like a div by zero or something similar happened based on the screenshot
I never came across such an issue while I was testing, so it might be a unique issue...
I'll look at the save tomorrow, when I have more time.
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

Tjgalon

bluebolt

Aright, chwooly, I've taken a look at the save, and I'm not sure what caused it to freeze as it is not freezing. However, it is running at about 17fps(normally 25 on this map) for me and briefly displayed 2 errors, and has displayed no more...(the errors were likely because the command took the frame before in account as well). I think its the shear amount of airsacs that are roaming around that hits my performance, since i haven't let that many get out of hand. Oh well. It might have frozen if it got hung up on the "GetParticleMotion" command(which errored twice before moving on).

Is likely that the lack of performance is contributing to the freezing. Also to note, the blobs are behaving as intended for me, and being slowed down when particles are slowed down by the lag. It doesn't just move off-frame. My code just isn't cheap enough to run on slower PCs :c

I don't think i'll be able to optimize the code enough for it run properly... might just stop producing blob stuff, and start again on custom modules.
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

chwooly

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

angel5000

The same thing with freezing. First about 6 minutes are normal, than fps is greatly reduced. If i save game and load it - fps is about 0 and nothing happens) I found out that it is because of enemy ship whith multiple fighters onboard, which is spawned at upper right ship-spawner. If it is destroyed fast enough (before game is unplayable) - lags disappear the same moment.

Johnny Haywire

In the off-chance that someone actually reads this, I thought this was a cool map. Actually, I've played all of Bluebolt's maps I think, and they're all pretty decent. Not sure why so many scores are lower than they ought to be, but maybe they were too difficult for players who are unable to divide by zero.  ;)

Cool stuff.

Thanks for the maps!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?