Started by AutoPost, June 17, 2017, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMaster130

Alright, I finally beat it with a 43 minute score using only the
Spoiler
backcap the 100 mine
[close]
that was mentioned.

That was 100% an awesome map though, excellent work with all the custom weapons  ;D
I'm definitely not touching GoodMorning and svartmes 30 minute time ever though >_>

Should we form some kind of "we beat all of joao's maps club" or something  8)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

That time I got only through a mix of stubbornness and the idea that the end would be effectively impossible if not rushed - I'm still not sure how to do it if the Emitters are allowed to begin, and not convinced I could without that spoiler.

Effectively, I didn't engage Emitters, only pre-empted them. And by the third-to-fifth-somewhere attempt, I had learned how to start fast.

I don't know that a club would work - but it's certainly a feeling of achievement!
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Tyler21

Joao, these maps are amazing and uniquely engaging! I spent countless hours figuring out how to beat them. Clearly the most challenging PF experience I've ever had. On par with some of your good old CW3 maps :)

What I found really cool about this map is that
Spoiler
you can totally go rogue and beat the map just by sabotaging the enemy. If you take a lot of risk, plan in advance, and use the right strategy, you don't even need most pickups. I did not use any ships from the NE except for the BH, and only one ship from the SW. I managed to clear the most important assets in the SW quadrant AND capture the 100 emitter before I built any ship. Took me 3 orbit jumps, and ~4 minutes though... Then with a combination of advanced techniques--I am not sure if this was intended--you can secure the BH without touching anything else in NE. Then it's just a matter of time to win :)
[close]
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

JoaoPistori

Quote from: Tyler21 on February 17, 2018, 04:19:33 AM
Joao, these maps are amazing and uniquely engaging! I spent countless hours figuring out how to beat them. Clearly the most challenging PF experience I've ever had. On par with some of your good old CW3 maps :)

What I found really cool about this map is that
Spoiler
you can totally go rogue and beat the map just by sabotaging the enemy. If you take a lot of risk, plan in advance, and use the right strategy, you don't even need most pickups. I did not use any ships from the NE except for the BH, and only one ship from the SW. I managed to clear the most important assets in the SW quadrant AND capture the 100 emitter before I built any ship. Took me 3 orbit jumps, and ~4 minutes though... Then with a combination of advanced techniques--I am not sure if this was intended--you can secure the BH without touching anything else in NE. Then it's just a matter of time to win :)
[close]

Thank you a lot (this "thanks" is not just for you, it's also for everyone else who at least tried) for playing my maps!

Good to see you tried this tactic. I made everything to be "open" for different well-thought tactics. I have to say I had not tried what you did while testing the map, I just put the scenario having sure an early-sabotage was possible.

I had to be absent those months but now I'm making more maps. Currently I'm finishing my series "The Fallen Civilization" on CW3 and then will come back editing PF.

Jaap

I may be stupid but... how do you capture those islands with a protected 100 mirespawner on it?

Unfallen

TLDR: USE DAMN ROCK BURNER AT DAMN 100-MIRE SPAWNERS TO ISOLATE THEM.

Cleared all map with starting ships, destroyed every unprotected latheable thing, overtook every energy mine - still no way to overcome damn 100-power protected mire spawners to get atleast any ship to counter particle spawn from three sources on 21m.
FFS, these damn spawners are just supposed to be isolated by rock burner till you get a black hole ship. At first I thought that this damn hard map is really for mature hardcore-experts, but with this rock burning it is just a childs play. I expected something scripted to happen since it is prpl.
Whatever, ships are awesome. Pretty fun to overcome these 5x siege ships with two big lathe to overtake a 100-energy mine. Feels like Skyline. Took 170 saves for me to complete.