Replayability of the Story Missions

Started by Rhadamante, July 07, 2016, 05:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhadamante

You've already read the title so you know what this is about : will there be any kind of replayability for the story missions ?

In CW3, I liked the fact that some maps had optional challenges available (Apex:Meso "no weapon" or Frykt:Vapen "no field beam" for example). I wonder if similar or different mechanics will be available in the PF:E story missions to make us replay them (beyond the "let's get a better score" replays) ?

GoodMorning

Let us also not forget that a few bits of CRPL in the story ensured that the story missions couldn't be replayed at their original difficulty, due to Shield Keys.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

J

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 07, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
Let us also not forget that a few bits of CRPL in the story ensured that the story missions couldn't be replayed at their original difficulty, due to Shield Keys.
Apart from the missions that could be played in a different order, the difficulty remains the same when replaying. Techs from missions that can't be unlocked before completing the mission are never unlocked. Shield keys still need to be collected when replaying a mission.

I think there's a high chance that the story missions have additional challenges to improve replayability.

GoodMorning

There are a few missions where the Forge caps are raised based on collected Shield Keys from other missions that can be played in interchangeable order, aiding story continuity at the expense of ability to replay equally. This means that the difficulty of these systems is reduced (not that it was significant anyway) by the tech bonus.

It's not significant, but it seemed worth mentioning.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.