Custom Map #2709: Hell In Space. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 18, 2015, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2709: Hell In Space

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 137x136

Desc:
Another fun easy map from yours truly. No random destruction. #Sorrontis #CRPL #LimitedUnits #Spores

PMouser

huh, how do you advance? my relays keep getting destroyed, and shields dont help. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

gotta build really fast, and have a bunch of turrets to clear the lane
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

stdout

You say no random destruction, but then creeper appears out of nowhere? I guess hidden emitters don't count as random.

Sorrontis

It's not random, it's very structured :) there's even a warning :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

planetfall

Huh, this doesn't look like Florida.

(disclaimer: I am allowed to insult Florida because I live there.)
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

RrR

Is the tentacle supposed to nullify at the same time as the emitter? First time I played the map, I nullified the left emitter, but the tentacle continued to fire and was initially not a target for the nullifier. Later it was possible to nullify it. The second time I played, the tentacle was nullified along with the emitter.

Sorrontis

that's weird. it should nullify the both the emitter and tentacle crpl at the same time (for a single line).

Yle

Both the outside emitter/tentacles were destroyed by the nullifier; but, both of the next ones from the outside still had the tentacles remaining.  Luckily they were easy enough to nullify without the emitter.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I noticed that the relays got toasted quickly but that it wasn't enough to kill the guns and mortars. Don't stress or panic and you'll do fine. Build, advance, brace for the wave, clear it, then rinse & repeat. Not the most fun map but definitely different and makes you think. You might be thinking about potato chips, but at least you'll be thinking!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on October 19, 2015, 07:08:41 PM
Spoiler
Yeah, I noticed that the relays got toasted quickly but that it wasn't enough to kill the guns and mortars. Don't stress or panic and you'll do fine. Build, advance, brace for the wave, clear it, then rinse & repeat. Not the most fun map but definitely different and makes you think.
[close]
You might be thinking about potato chips, but at least you'll be thinking!  ;D

Why potato chips?

Jerdog

A notch above random death is pre-programmed death.  But there are a lot of notches to go before I'll bother with it.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Jerdog on October 22, 2015, 05:40:15 PM
A notch above random death is pre-programmed death.  But there are a lot of notches to go before I'll bother with it.

sorry to hear that ;) How many notches are there, I count maybe 5.  :P

Johnny Haywire

Potato chips help you beat maps like this. You might be all panicky and thinking, "This is hopeless!!" but then after one or two tasty potato chips you'll be doing a comp stomp like Bobby Fisher pwning Greenblatt. Once that salty, flavorful potatoey goodness hits your taste buds it will light up your IQ like a stadium and all the hairs on your head will be standing up and cheering you on. So get a bag (or two) of your fav flavor(s) and get to whippin' those maps!

:)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

some maps require vodka

some beer

maybe this was easy enough to only warrant potato chips?

EDIT: I managed to kill the left emitter, after upgrading build and packet speed to max. Had to rebuild relays like 70 times. BUT, the tentacle didn't die. I actually killed everything and the game didn't end. I didn't know what to do, so I randomly moved the nullifier around and saw you could kill the PZ (with the tentacle in it) left after the emitter. You could also not place anything on that PZ