meso script shields don't stop phantoms (or spores even!)

Started by teknotiss, August 16, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

could someone help with this one?
i had a look around in the CRPL commands wiki, but i couldn't see anything relevant.
no biggy if not, just have to add a text box to warn people  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

It must be a bad day for me. This is not the first time today I don't understand what other people are attempting to convey...
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kithros

Not that I can really answer the question, but I'm 99% sure you meant spores not phantoms.

teknotiss

this is what happens when i'm tired and i play two similar games with small key differences  ::)
@G really  ;) you couldn't grasp my meaning? you must be even more tired than i am, and it's 1 am here!  :D

@ kithros yes i did.... hurummphhhh! not that i now need to change it! ::) but i shall amend the title
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

knucracker

I'm OOT and don't remember if there are spores on meso... But I don't recall any.  So I assume you are asking how to script a shield or other area that blocks spore hits?

If so, there probably isn't an easy way off the top of my head.  The easiest thing would be for me to add a function that defines a spore shield area.  The only way to do it right now would be to look at spores in range of a core and then look at the z coordinate of the spore.

teknotiss

ahh no worries, the map i'm working on is better with beams anyway, but i can see having a checkbox option in the core control would make it really simple for users
cheers dude, have fun away (if "oot" means out of town? i'm really not up on weblingo at all ::))