How to make CRPL-core targetable by regular unit fire?

Started by Molay, May 30, 2013, 05:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molay

I'm working on a moving unit that is supposed to be destroyable by regular fire (cannon, sniper, mortar etc).
How do I set this? Is there an attribute I can use in SetUnitAttribute that maybe isn't listed (yet) in the wiki?
Can I individually adjust the % of damage taken depending on the weapon that fires? (takes only 10% from snipers, takes 60% from cannon, etc?)
How much damage do the regular units do, so I have an idea as to the health I should set for the core.

Thanks!

PS: If someone has the data in question, I think it would be useful to add it to the corresponding unit's wiki entry (http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=cw3:units:friendly) for further use.

knucracker

There is no easy way to do this currently.  What I have to do eventually is add an additional target case for weapons.  For instance PCs currently target creeper, runners, and digitalis.    So it's a bit of work on my part to add this support.

If you wanted to fake it, you could probably make a core that tries to exactly control the amount of creeper or digitalis underneath itself.  By making Creeper, that would draw weapons fire.  By watching the Creeper it might be possible to tell when it is damaged  by weapons fire.  It's a little tricky if the core moves since you have to make sure to clean up the Creeper.  Actually, even in the case of a non moving core, you have to deal with 8 surrounding cells and manage them so that the creeper in the cell you area depositing in doesn't leak out... Or maybe some walls could deal with that... Hmmm.

Molay

Quote from: virgilw on May 30, 2013, 06:30:01 PM
If you wanted to fake it, you could probably make a core that tries to exactly control the amount of creeper or digitalis underneath itself.  By making Creeper, that would draw weapons fire.  By watching the Creeper it might be possible to tell when it is damaged  by weapons fire.  It's a little tricky if the core moves since you have to make sure to clean up the Creeper.  Actually, even in the case of a non moving core, you have to deal with 8 surrounding cells and manage them so that the creeper in the cell you area depositing in doesn't leak out... Or maybe some walls could deal with that... Hmmm.

Collision detection for stationary units (images, actually) gave me kind of a headache already, but this... Err... Like you said, that sounds really tricky! And very experimental^^
I guess I'll wait for the additional target case and make kamikaze units in the meantime, else this "series of factories project" will never get done^^

If I may give a suggestion, it would be nice if that new "target case" would be able to look for specific trigger names attached to the core, instead of just core's in general. As in, making it possible to have weapons being able to target one type of core, but not another :)

Anyways, thank you for the reply, looking forward to that feature already :)

TrickyDragon

you might be able to emulate it with runners directly under it on a single cell of digi....... (one runner i mean)
This is Life,  Life happens.