Changing appearence of core dynamically (not images managed by script)

Started by Molay, May 29, 2013, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molay

Hello!

I've been wondering if it is possible to change the core appearance itself, without adding images you manipulate?
As in, can I modify the scale, the color, the image etc of the core itself?

I thought about superimposing an image on a very small core as a workaround.
Am I just missing something? :)

Thanks!

J

Select the core you want to edit and look at the dock. There are a few setting that change the appearance of the core.

Molay

Yes, that's in the map editor, right?

I meant to change the main image of the core within the script, without making use of custom images. Like, changing it's color or scale if something triggers it.

I tried SetImageColor(self self 0 255 0 255) to get a green emitter, but it's doesn't work with placing the UID as second argument. What would I need to place there so it targets the appearance of the core?

Michionlion

Quote from: Molay on May 29, 2013, 03:31:15 PM
Yes, that's in the map editor, right?

I meant to change the main image of the core within the script, without making use of custom images. Like, changing it's color or scale if something triggers it.

I tried SetImageColor(self self 0 255 0 255) to get a green emitter, but it's doesn't work with placing the UID as second argument. What would I need to place there so it targets the appearance of the core?

http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:crplreference or http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:setimagecolor.  And specifically, 'self' gets a UID, not an image slot.  I would imagine the default image is in slot '0', or slot 'default', so why not try that?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Molay

I found it!
Here: http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:addscripttounit

One got to use "main" as the second parameter.

Would be nice to have that in the wiki.

Am I allowed to modify the appropriate entries of the crplreference page to clarify that, or do we have dedicated personnel for the wiki? :)

Michionlion

You can do that if you are registered and feel that it is useful information.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Molay

Okay :)
Well it left me seeking, wondering and opening a thread for it. So I edited it. Makes it more convenient for others in the future :)

Grauniad

Quote from: Molay on May 29, 2013, 04:05:00 PM

Would be nice to have that in the wiki.

Am I allowed to modify the appropriate entries of the crplreference page to clarify that, or do we have dedicated personnel for the wiki? :)

Yes please, the wiki free for all to contribute.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon