AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1799: [pac] you shall not pass 2.0.0

Author: GuardianDragonlord
Size: 128x512

Karsten75

Quote from: GadgetBoy on June 25, 2021, 05:24:08 PM
*sigh*

Do you playtest your maps?

I would imagine he does, since he at least have to complete one objective to upload the maps :)

What seems to be the problem?

Durikkan

I'd guess Gadget's comment might be on how guardian released 3 different versions of this map, with nothing in the description to tell them apart besides the version number in the name of the map.  So you'd have to go to the forums to figure out if they were just bug fixes, or if there's a reason to play more than one of them.
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

CS Z

The problems are usually a combination of:  Lag, a long boring wait for Creeper++ to build up and get enough ERNs, and the fact that this mapmaker in particular doesn't complete all objectives themselves prior to publishing (nor do they really interact much on the forums).  The optional objectives were not doable in the previous two versions of the map and are also not doable in this version.

The base game and the server need to be changed to require mapmakers to complete all objectives in a single run in order to publish their maps.  That would put an end to impossible optional objectives.

This version of the map is much more laggy than the previous versions.  My fairly powerful PC was struggling even on 4x speed (and I generally don't notice lag in CW4).  The previous versions lagged a little here and there but nothing like this version.

Vyce223

Quote from: CS Z on June 26, 2021, 01:31:19 AM
The problems are usually a combination of:  Lag, a long boring wait for Creeper++ to build up and get enough ERNs, and the fact that this mapmaker in particular doesn't complete all objectives themselves prior to publishing (nor do they really interact much on the forums).  The optional objectives were not doable in the previous two versions of the map and are also not doable in this version.

The base game and the server need to be changed to require mapmakers to complete all objectives in a single run in order to publish their maps.  That would put an end to impossible optional objectives.

This version of the map is much more laggy than the previous versions.  My fairly powerful PC was struggling even on 4x speed (and I generally don't notice lag in CW4).  The previous versions lagged a little here and there but nothing like this version.

I had no issues completing the map with the optional objectives and within around 25-30 min. Yes a bit of stalling is needed for the Creeper++ but you can make use of that time while not exactly making progression to build up air/ground swarmers to help aid in pushing. While the thors are oppressive in both directions you WILL overwhelm them in time and earlier on getting some creep over the void helps as well as it helping push the other direction to try and stop AC allowing you to use more creep to pump out spores and blobs mainly.

This version is somewhere between the "I'm not entirely sure" section on if this is the best version of the map or the prior one is however.

I do agree with you that some of the map makers other maps are a bit weird however in terms of lag and such. This one I have much less issues until you need to cover your screen in spores but that's automated really this go around with shaper 2.0

BrokenLifeCycle

Is there a way to block certain mapmakers from showing up in my search? I'm genuinely at that point that I don't want to mistakenly play one of his maps and wonder why I can't get anywhere or why there's a boatload of berthas right from the start while I only have 1 ERN to use.