Main Menu

Game freezes

Started by Karsten75, September 29, 2016, 05:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: Boreeas on September 29, 2016, 05:09:52 PM
The game occasionally freezes up (~2 times in an hour). Judging by the sounds, it still runs, but the UI becomes fully unresponsive, to the point where I have to close the game and restart it. All progress in the mission of course being lost. This is on Windows 10, with the PF demo, maximized window but not fullscreen.

Laptop/desktop? What processor and  graphics card and how much RAM? 

Next time it happens , please look in the game log and upload that to here, since the game might be throwing an exception.

Boreeas

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 29, 2016, 05:13:07 PM
Quote from: Boreeas on September 29, 2016, 05:09:52 PM
The game occasionally freezes up (~2 times in an hour). Judging by the sounds, it still runs, but the UI becomes fully unresponsive, to the point where I have to close the game and restart it. All progress in the mission of course being lost. This is on Windows 10, with the PF demo, maximized window but not fullscreen.

Laptop/desktop? What processor and  graphics card and how much RAM? 

Next time it happens , please look in the game log and upload that to here, since the game might be throwing an exception.

Laptop: Acer Asprire VN7-791
Intel i7-4710HQ
16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M, driver version (probably) 372.54 @ 2GB VRAM

Log right now contains mostly

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename:  Line: 1254)

and at the end

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
D3Dwindow device not lost anymore

I'll check again if I can manage to get another "crash"

EDIT: Alright, it just happened again. I can't find anything interesting in the log, but what do I know. So if you want to check personally, here it is: https://gist.github.com/Boreeas/d0d3eb543333a81a6cabb2d304500bb3
What I also noticed: The UI seems to work still - clicking on the menu button stops shot sound effects, and clicking it again resumes them. It seems it's the drawing on the screen that is broken.