Restarting the Main Campaign

Started by ShadeOfRed, February 09, 2014, 10:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeOfRed

Is there a way to start the main campaign over from the beginning?

I'd like to do so without having to use the Archive Transmission to see the storyline, specifically my wife would be interested but without the storyline and the locked out levels, she wouldn't like it as much without that?  Do I just find and delete the save games?  If that's the case can someone post where they are?  I know I can go to documents but have no idea what I should delete off of it to start stuff over.

Grauniad

I think Virgil will have to create a button for this since the request comes so often.

Delete the folders in your documents folder under the CreeperWorld3 subfolder.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

ShadeOfRed

Thank you very much.  Yeah I wondered why there wasn't a start campaign over button.

Jamz

The only thing which worries me about this is whether I will also lose my progress/scores in the Outer Sectors and Colonial Space.
I too would like the ability to delete/restart the progress of JUST the Arc Eternal campaign but leave everything else as it is.

knucracker

If you delete missionstats.dat under your documents\CreeperWorld3 dir that will reset all played missions (story and otherwise).
I guess I could add a button that would selectively nuke the story worlds only (just remove them from that file).  I'll have to think about where to put this button...

Grauniad

Quote from: virgilw on February 10, 2014, 08:22:06 AM
If you delete missionstats.dat under your documents\CreeperWorld3 dir that will reset all played missions (story and otherwise).
I guess I could add a button that would selectively nuke the story worlds only (just remove them from that file).  I'll have to think about where to put this button...
Game Settings...
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Grayzzur

If you're going down that path, it would be good to consider nuking story progress without removing access to the other parts of the game, as they have already been earned.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Asbestos

Quote from: virgilw on February 10, 2014, 08:22:06 AM
Make the button tiny, put it in the right bottom corner of the main screen, make sure there are two confirmations, and when you choose to reset the story, the Arc Eternal star explodes.