still getting illegitimate scores on the recent score board?

Started by Dustin_S, August 08, 2010, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin_S

I posted a time i was very proud of to the Octan map scoreboard.  I have version 380 so it went to the recent scoreboard- but i found myself only second to the individual in first- who posted a time of just under two minutes and thirty seconds.  I've tried half a dozen different strategies and can find no way to grab the technology and ignite the totems in two minutes and thirty seconds.  I know the "pause before level start" exploit was fixed in 380 but is there any investigation into other exploits that might be allowing people to post unrealistic times?

maybe we could institute a regulation that anyone posting a time must have a FRAPS of them completing the level in that time as proof  ;D

SPIFFEN

It would help if you link/say what map it's about .
There is usally someone who find an faster way to finnishing maps ,
even i have done that =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

He said "Octan."  :)

Edit:

Wow, Amazing what a few months of playing can do for one's score. I dropped my time from over 24 minutes to well under 10 minutes - around the 7+ minute mark and  I suspect with a bit better resource management I might drop it even further.

As for cheating, who cares. I compare my scores with the known players on that list.  And I'm feeling good!  :D

SPIFFEN

He he my fingers are faster than my brain right now =P ( Hands )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

Dustin_S

it's not just a couple seconds faster- he collected the SAM tech, built enough blasters to uncover and defend the two totems inside the northern creeper pits, AND powered all five totems in less than two minutes and thirty seconds. 

Dustin_S

I see now Karsten has beaten my score by about 200 points, but is still 800 points shy of the "best" score.

The player, "Jack E" has posted scores for every story level, and with the exception of Ara, each is above 9300 points, which if my memory serves, is about four minutes?  Some of his scores show less than a minute's completion of the level. 

SPIFFEN

There are players that get super nice scores that are legit .
And you might also manage that when you have learned more about how to play the game ,
and use all the possibilitys that can be used =P

There are some custom maps that should give you an lession =P
How to make links

Karsten75

As I said, we learn a lot from playing a lot. I can get the SAM tech and connect the first totem in 1:28 (about, IIRC). I suspect that by ignoring the single first spore one can not build any SAMs, expand rapidly to the northern and eastern totems, subdue the emitters in the northeast and then drop a mortar and a few blasters right into the northwestern creeper pool to finish off.

Can't see one doing it in 2 minutes, but I believe the high scores of siccles and hi.

But as I said, it is game scores. I'm proud of my own time, but I don't care much if I don't get the high score.