Started by AutoPost, November 13, 2023, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10942: 197-dunno

Author: Rennervate / AlexX
Size: 255x255

Desc:

Loren Pechtel

You put energy crystals up top but I sure don't see a way to start there.

rennervate

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 13, 2023, 02:41:58 PMYou put energy crystals up top but I sure don't see a way to start there.

I made this map 2 years ago. I no longer found the start in the north good and installed 2 emitters there...
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

hawgwash

I thought this was a very good map Alex.  It may be just me, but I found it necessary to use a lot of guppies very long into the game to get areas far away, then work back before I could ever connect the main base.

rennervate

Quote from: hawgwash on November 14, 2023, 01:49:48 AMI thought this was a very good map Alex.  It may be just me, but I found it necessary to use a lot of guppies very long into the game to get areas far away, then work back before I could ever connect the main base.
oh then you played the map differently than me. Thanks for playing and your suggestion. I came across the map again and thought I'd upload it because there aren't that many maps at the moment. I'm well aware that it's not exactly a supermap

hawgwash

Quote from: rennervate on November 14, 2023, 04:16:35 AM
Quote from: hawgwash on November 14, 2023, 01:49:48 AMI thought this was a very good map Alex.  It may be just me, but I found it necessary to use a lot of guppies very long into the game to get areas far away, then work back before I could ever connect the main base.
oh then you played the map differently than me. Thanks for playing and your suggestion. I came across the map again and thought I'd upload it because there aren't that many maps at the moment. I'm well aware that it's not exactly a supermap
Not really a suggestion given that it took you barely an hour and it took me almost two hours to finish the map.  Just an observation.  Obviously you did something very different (and better) than me.  I did grab a Bertha before I did anything else.

rennervate

Quote from: hawgwash on November 14, 2023, 09:23:11 AMI did grab a Bertha before I did anything else.

me 2. and then I attacked left and right

Gotright

Hey man! I just wanted to show my appreciation and gratitude to you for entertaining us. I really enjoy the maps you make, so thank you for your time and effort which you have freely given without any expectations. If it were not for you and some other guys, the game would have died a long time ago for me, but now, the first thing I do when I get back from work is to see what kind of challenges you have set up for us. So, once again, my deepest thanks and regards. 

rennervate

Quote from: Gotright on November 14, 2023, 01:54:03 PMHey man! I just wanted to show my appreciation and gratitude to you for entertaining us. I really enjoy the maps you make, so thank you for your time and effort which you have freely given without any expectations. If it were not for you and some other guys, the game would have died a long time ago for me, but now, the first thing I do when I get back from work is to see what kind of challenges you have set up for us. So, once again, my deepest thanks and regards.

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to write them down. It's nice to hear that my maps bring some people joy. Personally, I always find something like this valuable, especially in times when it is more popular to express negative things.

stdout

Completely agreed with the sentiments above. I've really enjoyed all your games and it really does keep CW3 fresh and alive even this many years later.

In honor of that, check Colonial Space this morning. :)