Started by AutoPost, July 10, 2013, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2362: Black temple 3

Author: cha

Desc:
The 3° black temple !

Angel

I 150% loved this map. One of my favorite ever if not my favorite. I love maps like this that use AC as an advantage, but you can't just realy on it to do all of the work. Awesome work with the fields. Awesome work with scaling the emitters. Awesome map path/design. 100000000/100000000 stars. Great job dude. The huge amount of time you spent on this map was worth it. A lot of people don't like it as it is time consuming&challenging (kinda like my maps, easier though), but who cares what they think. This map is the best I've played and I hope you make another map like this. Good job dude!!!   :)
Spoiler
This map just takes patience and saving every-so-often in order to try a different strategy if you're first one didn't work. Or waste 60+ minutes on the last 2 emitters (2000k, 0.03s) doing the wrong thing then finally realizing the correct way. -.-'
[close]
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Jord

I'm hesitant to post my score as I want it to stay in the 60+ min bracket where a good map like this deserves to be. Hopefully it will stay there awhile longer.

darkniko

don't know what to do in marked zone...

drones spawn very fast and  have too much creeper inside ive no time to build a nullifier in such small place :S
i tried clearing the zone w8ting to have a breach in respawn time so i can build but still drones keep coming out of the gateway ...

Jord

Quote from: darkniko on July 11, 2013, 08:42:37 AM

drones spawn very fast and  have too much creeper inside ive no time to build a nullifier in such small place :S
i tried clearing the zone w8ting to have a breach in respawn time so i can build but still drones keep coming out of the gateway ...

Spoiler
Gateway only spawns 3 drones at a time, let them roam around without killing them to build a nullifier.
[close]

Spoiler
It would also help ALOT if you built some Creeper Makers, and I mean ALOT.
[close]

Angel

Take back all your blasters back to the 'big and long' room after the somewhat long straight path. From there, you let the drone go for the blasters, it dies by AC before then, you send in your blasters to clear out the C. But before that, build a shield next to the gateway so the next drone can't survive. Then nulify the gateway before the creeper destroys the shield.
1. Patience.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

DRider

What I did here was to build a micro rift right below the gateway and make sure the drones had several nice rifts elsewhere to travel to.  Then just below the rift, a nullifier.  It took several tries until a nullifier lasted long enough to whack the gateway. 

yum-forum

Only a few days passed and I finally win this game! :)
Especially liked assertive, but as it turned out stupid 3 Drones (Health 30, payload 10000K).
For them I builded 3 micro-rifts and turns opened and closed it and
Drones moved like trained where I wanted!  :)
My respect and congratulations to the author!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Coradon

I spent about 20 mins trying to figure that part out. Ended up removing everything. Blasters, power, blocked the creeper flow. but left 2 warps open and juggled the 3 drones back and forth between them while I killed the drone spawner.

Katra

I ended up putting all my blasters in 'creeper only' mode (and backing some up a few rooms) and eventually I managed to kill the gateway. (I did it before advancing beyond that section too.)

Three observations on this map.

1. You can't have too much energy.
2. There is no such thing as overkill! More launchers and fully charged makers will always be welcome. (One maker on vacuum in the right place will feed as many makers as I ever built.)
3. Double speed is your friend.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Angel

Quote from: Katra on July 21, 2013, 12:16:28 AM
I ended up putting all my blasters in 'creeper only' mode (and backing some up a few rooms) and eventually I managed to kill the gateway. (I did it before advancing beyond that section too.)

Three observations on this map.

1. You can't have too much energy.
2. There is no such thing as overkill! More launchers and fully charged makers will always be welcome. (One maker on vacuum in the right place will feed as many makers as I ever built.)
3. Double speed is your friend.

Completely true. Always keep a decent amount of makers fully charge (60m) or you will have some trouble in places. And when I say a few, I mean about 20-however many you can keep.
1. Patience.

Jedi_Ron

OK, I surrender. ...and to kill the last 2 emitters I would...what?

Grauniad

If you have figured out the trick (so amply spoiled in this thread) of nullifying (pun intended) the threat of the drone gateway on the right hand of the map, I don't recall any other tricks that a Creeper-Jedi cannot overcome.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

PumpkinDog

This map was *journey*

amazing!!!!

though my time wasn't great and a lot of times I'd just alt-tab to a different window while putting it on 2x time to let the creep die or upgrades charge up.

still fun to eventually win it...  slowly...  over 2 days of playing off and on.