Custom Map #8978: Cursor-04 Thanks to CSM creators!. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, October 29, 2020, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Haywire

They increase it, although I think the way the formula works is that it adds that much to the multiplier.

For instance, if you're already at 2x original strength, a .5 tower would make it 2.5x original strength.

I could be wrong about that... it has been a long time since I played one of these maps. They're really cool though.

Cheers!  :)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 27, 2021, 12:26:49 AM
They increase it, although I think the way the formula works is that it adds that much to the multiplier.

For instance, if you're already at 2x original strength, a .5 tower would make it 2.5x original strength.

I could be wrong about that... it has been a long time since I played one of these maps. They're really cool though.

Cheers!  :)
You're completely right on the formula.   8)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire

teknotiss

there is no AC being created at the cursor for me... :o

i have flooded a few AC cursor towers but nothing doing...

any ideas?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Johnny Haywire

Hey, just cuz ya asked I decided to play this map again & see what's up.

When you capture the green cursor emitter building to the right of your starting base, it barely puts out anything. Pretty much nothing, in fact.

Ya gotta flood the green buildings that are shaped like a diamond for the cursor to start generating anything, and at least one or two power 10 towers before you start to notice any effect.

The good news is that it's a lot more like a CSM map, so you can just play it that way until your cursor gets strong enough.

Hope this helps!  ;)

teknotiss

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 05, 2021, 12:27:20 AM
Hey, just cuz ya asked I decided to play this map again & see what's up.

When you capture the green cursor emitter building to the right of your starting base, it barely puts out anything. Pretty much nothing, in fact.

Ya gotta flood the green buildings that are shaped like a diamond for the cursor to start generating anything, and at least one or two power 10 towers before you start to notice any effect.

The good news is that it's a lot more like a CSM map, so you can just play it that way until your cursor gets strong enough.

Hope this helps!  ;)

i will have another bash at it but i think i was 3 cursor towers captured when i gave up...

cheers dude!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

toolforger

There's a node that weakens both enemy and your cursor towers (not a diamond-shaped one, IIRC it's a blue round one).
If you take it early, this can reduce the cursor emitter to zero - I got into that problem, luckily I was able to flood it with creeper from a neighbouring area and the problem went away.

All in all, a very interesting and challenging map, but I do hate that you have to build up walls in the right places, and quickly enough, otherwise you lose when you notice some creeper is invading your area.
You essentially have to restart, and having to restart because you misplaced a single pixel of wall isn't fun, really.