Custom Map #8978: Cursor-04 Thanks to CSM creators!. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, October 29, 2020, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8978: Cursor-04 Thanks to CSM creators!

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 87x93

Desc:
Thanks to everyone who created scripts for CSM, and thanks to everyone who makes CSM levels. This level plays somewhat like CSM but is also has the Cursor emitter. Does that make it CCSM?

TrickyPlayer

I'm making another level like this, but without the bad aspects. You'll be able to mark a spot for cursor-emitters instead of having to hold your cursor somewhere all the time! I also updated the scripts so cursor-towers that are inactive or can't emit at the current target become less bright. You will be able to see the total power of your cursor-emitters more easily as well.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Riskbreaker

i personally liked the bad chips, and having to dodge them :P

really fun map

Twi

I'm really not sure I understand how the cursor towers work...

I feel like there's too much going on here personally, but maybe that's just me and my slow brain :')
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Riskbreaker on October 30, 2020, 10:54:37 AM
i personally liked the bad chips, and having to dodge them :P

really fun map

Glad to know someone liked it. If you liked this level you are 100% going to like my next CSM level, where a lot of improvements were made. Oh, and there's still some red 'chips' lying around, so if you don't have to activate them, just don't. Avoid them.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Riskbreaker

Quote from: Twi on October 30, 2020, 12:49:08 PM
I'm really not sure I understand how the cursor towers work...

I feel like there's too much going on here personally, but maybe that's just me and my slow brain :')

each shape and color mean different things. So what the game shows is: red is bad, avoid red. Green is good, get all green. Blue is tricky. Some is good for you and creeper. Some if bad for both. And sometimes you might want to work around weakening and strenghtening both sides so achieve a specific goal.

To be more precise:
Spoiler
if you get the blue upgrade that weakens both your emiter and the enemy emiters, the 1024 emiter wont cross the lv.10 walls anymore.
[close]

TrickyPlayer

Thanks for explaining RiskBreaker, couldn't have said it better myself.

D0m0nik

That was tough. Can this be beaten without singularity? I never use it on CSM but need it here.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 31, 2020, 07:02:12 AM
That was tough. Can this be beaten without singularity? I never use it on CSM but need it here.

Sorry, I'm bad at calculating power so you're gonna need some singularities here and there. That's just something that happens when I create bigger maps with flip-emitters.

Riskbreaker

singularity not really necessary...

Spoiler
i made closed rooms around the stronger enemy emiter and used cursor power to build pressure on these rooms. Then released pressure of stronger emiter to the left, weakening it. and then lowered the walls so the pressure points i built would flush down into the enemy emiter. 
[close]

Riskbreaker

i wonder if this strat means cursor emiter should have a height cap, because this kind of thing could be done anywhere

Arin112

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on October 31, 2020, 08:18:27 AM
Quote from: D0m0nik on October 31, 2020, 07:02:12 AM

Sorry, I'm bad at calculating power so you're gonna need some singularities here and there. That's just something that happens when I create bigger maps with flip-emitters.

As Riskbreaker noted, there is a way to win without using a singularity. Only trick you need is capturing top right corner with big pool of AC. Here is demo
And as always, I'm sorry for my english.

Johnny Haywire

Great map! Definitely doable without a singularity but it's a lot faster to plop one down and take down that big emitter.  Your choice.

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Riskbreaker on October 31, 2020, 11:55:00 AM
i wonder if this strat means cursor emitter should have a height cap, because this kind of thing could be done anywhere
I honestly don't think so.
1: I'm too lazy to add it to the script.
2: people are too lazy to use it since my levels no longer require the strat.
3:I think it's cool to allow people to cheat a little bit like that. I don't mind.

Jaws

Okay, weird question about the blue towers (not the blue nests):

What exactly do they do if it's a cursor power tower at .5? Does that cut its power by half, or increase it by half?