Has CW3 been cracked for exploits?

Started by Jim359, April 20, 2014, 07:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim359

New player here.  Found out about CW when it came to Steam.  Great game, love it.  To bad I never knew it was around before in the older versions.  As I'm a big fan of TD games.

My question pertains to the insanely hard maps that seem unbeatable but have 1 or 2 scores posted.  Are these people using cheats/exploits?

The most recent I came across is, Tormented; S200_160; Wattpho.  This map looks unbeatable to me. Small map, very high flow rates from numerous wells, 7 spores with a very short spawn cycle, and top all that off with a very tiny starting point. 

J

Some people are just very good. I don't know who posted these scores as I don't have access to that map, but usually, if you can find a player with the same name on the forum with more than just a few posts, it's a valid score. For example if Fisherck beat it, the map is not impossible without cheats.

If you want to post about and discuss hard maps in tormented space, there are some good topics to post in in the outer sectors board.

Asbestos

There are always some people using cheats, but they usually get removed from the leaderboard.

Imposter

Quote from: J on April 20, 2014, 08:05:12 AM
the map is not impossible without cheats.

Ahhh confusing double negative.
The map is possible without cheats.
Much better xP

Randomgold

A good rule of thumb is if a score is less than ~55 seconds, it's probably fake, since I don't think it's possible to build a nullifier faster than that.  But then there are some where you just have to kind of play it ear, so to speak.  If a score is so much greater than any other score, it may just be fake  (for example a map with several strong emitters over a wide area with a score in the two to three minute range).  No guarantee on that one, but it's still better than nothing.  Best bet is to just ignore them.  There's more real scores than fake ones anyway, so they're still reliable on whether a map is beatable, and the average time it takes to do so.

Lost in Nowhere

The best score possible on a non-CRPL map is slightly more than 45 seconds, provided that there is space to build collectors
Don't die! :)

J

Remember that if there's an inhibitor on the map, you can be really fast by just nullifying the inhibitor. You might want to check if there's a speedrun video on YouTube, however not everyone records and uploads their speedrun.

willbir

Quote from: Jim359 on April 20, 2014, 07:43:53 AM
The most recent I came across is, Tormented; S200_160; Wattpho.  This map looks unbeatable to me. Small map, very high flow rates from numerous wells, 7 spores with a very short spawn cycle, and top all that off with a very tiny starting point.

Challenge accepted  ;D
So it is beatable without cheating, one of the hardest but it can be done. It all hangs on whether you manage to build enough energy supplies in the first few minutes.