Custom Map #740: Mysterious Maze 2. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, April 19, 2017, 09:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #740: Mysterious Maze 2

Author: FOXX
Size: 240x240

Desc:
The Maze Continous! If you don't know what is going on Play Mysterious Maze 1 for Explanation of the Mechanics used. Scripting By Stickman & FOXX. Construction Pylon By GoodMorning. Uploading 1 Map a day [see Forum]

FOXX

I will upload a map a day at around 15.00PM Local time [I live in the Netherlands]
On this site you can easily see what your Time Zone is and how much hours you need to add or subtract.
Time Zones

The ending of this Adventure will be Sundays.

Have Fun,

FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

kingalex1234

ok, I'm actually really confused. to me, this map is completely unbeatable. Am I doing something wrong?

I've cleared out all of the reachable emitters, and mires, yet nothing happened. the impassible struc walls are still there, and I have yet to see the construction pylon, whatever that is. This was also a problem in your previous maze, however I was able to beat that one by using my HQ, this one there's no open space by the stunner spawner to do that. Is the code just not there?

I noticed quite a few people beat the map, a few took an hour or two, but most were under an hour. So, for someone who's completely confused, can you explain why I can't seem to get the invincible struc spawners to go away?

GoodMorning

kingalex1234:
Welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause of your issue is a version mismatch, given the PRPL-heavy nature of the map. It seems that some of the critical scripts are not functioning for you (they would spawn the Pylon and remove the Struc sources at appropriate times). What version of the game are you running?

A save may help track the problem.

FOXX:
Energy pods can be disabled, and do not count for victory. I don't know if that trail was important here, but I finished the map without finishing that trail.

A "Trail started" tag might be good, to distinguish it from a single trigger. Also, changes happening immediately on map start can be important.

Otherwise, this is an interesting series.

Thought for the future: Amp-gem-keyed energy deposit. Recover the gem at any time (or only after the energy is exhausted) but the deposit will not build without a gem.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

strigvir

For some reason this map is easier than the tutorial.

Keeper Decagon

I gotta say, I'm loving this new series of maps. Very unique and interesting, and fun too!

Quote from: strigvir on April 20, 2017, 01:16:06 AM

I guess one of the reasons for that is because the Particles could travel over land in the tutorial, whilst here they can't.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

FOXX

Quote from: kingalex1234 on April 19, 2017, 08:51:23 PM
ok, I'm actually really confused. to me, this map is completely unbeatable. Am I doing something wrong?

I've cleared out all of the reachable emitters, and mires, yet nothing happened. the impassible struc walls are still there, and I have yet to see the construction pylon, whatever that is. This was also a problem in your previous maze, however I was able to beat that one by using my HQ, this one there's no open space by the stunner spawner to do that. Is the code just not there?

I noticed quite a few people beat the map, a few took an hour or two, but most were under an hour. So, for someone who's completely confused, can you explain why I can't seem to get the invincible struc spawners to go away?
Hi KingAlex1234,

In this map the Omni Pickups near the end of the Struc line make the 1st and 2nd Structure Makers go away and you can clear the structure lines.
The 3rd Structure Maker is destroyed with destroying the Shipspawner on coords 216 79.
The Construction Pylon will appear when you pick up the AmpGem with the M-Station ShipPickup at the beginning.
If things do not work properly it can be a version related problem.
Wich version do u use?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 19, 2017, 11:49:10 PM
kingalex1234:
Welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause of your issue is a version mismatch, given the PRPL-heavy nature of the map. It seems that some of the critical scripts are not functioning for you (they would spawn the Pylon and remove the Struc sources at appropriate times). What version of the game are you running?

A save may help track the problem.
Indeed. If you have a save file [just before something doesn't work] and i can check it.

QuoteFOXX:
Energy pods can be disabled, and do not count for victory. I don't know if that trail was important here, but I finished the map without finishing that trail.

A "Trail started" tag might be good, to distinguish it from a single trigger. Also, changes happening immediately on map start can be important.

Yep, a 'Trail Started' Event tag is a great idea but unfortunately not implemented.
I can give some explanation about the Trails.

Bad Trails are made of Enemy Emitters and or Enemy Units ON the path of the maze.
In the later maps the Mire Spawners are also Bad Trails.
Bad Trails give Friendly Units in the end and Vice Verca.
Good Trails are the Early Energy Pods, Omni Pickups and sometimes AmpGems.

The Bad Trails are needed for completing the map.
The Good Trails [Energy Pods - AmpGems] are NOT needed for completion.
Also the Flip-Lock Emitters are optional. [Some give AmpGems]

Edit -> after some thought. Adding a 'Start Trail' Event Tag in the later maps would result to about 20 Event tags at the start.
            That may be an overload of messages.

QuoteOtherwise, this is an interesting series.
Thanks GM!

QuoteThought for the future: Amp-gem-keyed energy deposit. Recover the gem at any time (or only after the energy is exhausted) but the deposit will not build without a gem.
Nice idea -> Maybe for my next Adventure?

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on April 20, 2017, 07:39:30 AM
I gotta say, I'm loving this new series of maps. Very unique and interesting, and fun too!
Thanks Decagon !!

Quote from: strigvir on April 20, 2017, 01:16:06 AM

Quote from: Keeper DecagonI guess one of the reasons for that is because the Particles could travel over land in the tutorial, whilst here they can't.
You are correct -> when i started this Adventure i wanted to check the 'Particles over Mired land' but when i was busy with map 3 and 4 i discovered that if you are a bit slow then this would become very hard so i checked it off and i forgot the checkbox in map 1  ::)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

kingalex1234

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 19, 2017, 11:49:10 PM
kingalex1234:
Welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause of your issue is a version mismatch, given the PRPL-heavy nature of the map. It seems that some of the critical scripts are not functioning for you (they would spawn the Pylon and remove the Struc sources at appropriate times)

That was the issue, thank you!

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

A 'start trail' tag would be for the first time a player takes something on the trail, as I had imagined it.

A thought for you, anyway.

Good map.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 20, 2017, 07:03:20 PM
A 'start trail' tag would be for the first time a player takes something on the trail, as I had imagined it.

A thought for you, anyway.

Good map.
Ah, i see. Interesting thought.
I will keep this in mind for future events.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Nicant

These maps are awesome! :) They are actually playable and not laggy! I also like your idea of when you get to a certain point, the rest of the maze appears!
CW4 hype!!

FOXX

Quote from: Nicant on April 21, 2017, 07:47:46 PM
These maps are awesome! :) They are actually playable and not laggy! I also like your idea of when you get to a certain point, the rest of the maze appears!
Thanks Nicant :)

The fact that the majority of all Emitters get Spawned prevents too many particles in the map. That worked out great.
And the Land Awaaaaayy part Stickman showed me how to do that and i added it into the maps. That also worked out great.
Today and tomorrow the 2 biggest maps will be uploaded and they lag a bit because of BIG ships.
Enjoy ;)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!