Weekly 5-Map Tournament - Stephen King books - closing 26 February 2012

Started by zaphod, February 20, 2012, 03:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

Quote from: zaphod on February 20, 2012, 03:40:57 AMI intend to post the winning scores at GMT 19:00 (I think this it the time set out in the rules)  anyway it will have to be then as I am working that night.[/quote]
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

mthw2vc

Quote from: mthw2vc on February 26, 2012, 05:07:16 PM
B: If zaphod cannot close the tournament at the scheduled time, there are others that can. It is only a matter of asking nicely.
EDIT: Additionally, any changes in the score after scores are posted in the thread are very likely to be reported. My qualm was less with zaphod's posting the scores then and more with the statement "...this weeks tournament is now closed" being made 10 hours before the rules indicate that it should. Requesting any score improvements after a certain time to be reported is entirely reasonable IMO.

ctuna

In the past, the tournament was closed per the agreed upon time, even if the scores could not be immediately reported because of the availability of the author. Scores are time-stamped, so that they can be time verified later, even if the results are delayed. I'd recommend we stick to the process so those that try to improve their scores at the last minute are allowed to do so (they may have the last few hours available to them even as the author has them unavailable to him). Scores that are posted after midnight forum time are so indicated, and the author should disallow them when calculating the results.

SmileyCoder

I don't see the time stamps. While I know they are stored, I dont see them available.

I think its fine for the person hosting the event to end it when its convenient for him. The time was announced at the beginning of the week, so its fair and square for everyone.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

ctuna

In CW1, hovering the cursor over the score revealed the time it was posted. I don't see that avaiable in CW 2, so maybe there is no way of verifying it. So be it. It's certainly not worth a big flap, so I'll let it rest.

mthw2vc

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 28, 2012, 06:43:28 AM
I think its fine for the person hosting the event to end it when its convenient for him. The time was announced at the beginning of the week, so its fair and square for everyone.
Ah, but then there comes a problem for anyone who wanted to join later in the week. Not all schedules are equal. I know that I personally could not ever compete in one of these events and play the games any time before the last 12 hours or so. Think perhaps about why I visited this thread to begin with...