10.Schmane41512*
11.mopa4233984*
12.(e)30470*
13.TheSmileyCoder12140*
14.zaphod11163*
15.MiquelFire9450*
16.inept_celt6784*

* Did not finish all maps.

Congratulations to Test_C. Find some good maps for us next week.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

ctuna

QuoteRe: Weekly 5-Map Tournament - Internet browsers - Closing 2012-03-05
« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:34:01 pm » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annnnnnnd here are the final scores:

Seriously? Is "Today at 05:34:01 pm" not 6 1/2 hours before "midnight forum time"? What am I missing?

I know I'm not a threat to the winner, but I'm still playing.

One of us misunderstands something. If it's me, please explain.

teknotiss

perhaps in future a midday to midday week could help prevent such an occurance and prevent the contest holder from having to be up at midnight to post the scores.
this is of course dependent on the timezone of said contest holder.
just an idea
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

mthw2vc

ctuna: SmileyCoder will bring up this:
Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 27, 2012, 03:24:13 PM
I intend to post the winning scores sunday around midnight GMT.
However, SmileyCoder posted the "winning" scores at 2234 GMT, 86 minutes before midnight... not even close to the stated time. Further, since it didn't sink in the first time:
Quote from: mthw2vc on February 26, 2012, 05:07:16 PMB: If [tournament director name here] cannot close the tournament at the scheduled time, there are others that can. It is only a matter of asking nicely.

SmileyCoder

No, actually it was 25 minutes and 59 seconds before midnight GMT, not 86. I posted the scores at the last possible time available to me.

You can rest assured, I will stay out of these tournaments now. Dealing with you is simply to tiresome and frustrating, and takes all the enjoyment out of the game for me.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

CJY101

( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

thepenguin

Quote from: mthw2vc on March 04, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
ctuna: SmileyCoder will bring up this:
Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 27, 2012, 03:24:13 PM
I intend to post the winning scores sunday around midnight GMT.
However, SmileyCoder posted the "winning" scores at 2234 GMT, 86 minutes before midnight... not even close to the stated time. Further, since it didn't sink in the first time:
Quote from: mthw2vc on February 26, 2012, 05:07:16 PMB: If [tournament director name here] cannot close the tournament at the scheduled time, there are others that can. It is only a matter of asking nicely.
Quote from: SmileyCoder on March 05, 2012, 03:10:56 AM
No, actually it was 25 minutes and 59 seconds before midnight GMT, not 86. I posted the scores at the last possible time available to me.

You can rest assured, I will stay out of these tournaments now. Dealing with you is simply to tiresome and frustrating, and takes all the enjoyment out of the game for me.

what's all this about?
tp is confused...
We have become the creeper...

mthw2vc

Quote from: SmileyCoder on March 05, 2012, 03:10:56 AM

The timestamp on your message, displayed when one tries to quote it, is 1330900441, the unix time equivalent of (gasp) "Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:34:01 GMT." Please don't lie to me. If you are unavailable at the official closing time, there are others that can be. Here is how easy it is to resolve this issue:

1. Click on this link: clicky
2. Type this or something similar into the message box:
QuoteHello, mthw2vc. I cannot be available to close this week's 5-map tournament at the scheduled time. Would you mind doing this for me?

Thanks, SmileyCoder
3. Click the 'Send message' button.

CJY101

Internet Explorer
Spoiler
This is the beginning.
After, LS can enter the bottom, and then quickly establish a base.
[close]

firefox
Spoiler
This is the beginning 1.
This is the beginning 2.
use beginning 2 , on the left can also build a shield, to prevent the creeper ran out.

[close]

Chrome Google
Spoiler
If you are not sure, can be down a grid Digger terrain.
than build a Micro Rift.

[close]

Netecape and Safari the same way.
Spoiler
Drone health not high.
use conversion bomb to block the drone.
than you can quick build shield to block the drone.
So that you do not need to use the Dark Beam.

[close]
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

ctuna

QuoteNo, actually it was 25 minutes and 59 seconds before midnight GMT, not 86. I posted the scores at the last possible time available to me.

For all (not just SmileyCoder), tournaments are supposed to close at midnight forum time, not midnight GMT. If we want to change them, ok, but until we do, closing them earlier than planned cuts out those of us for whom the last few hours are available. "Can't we all just get along?"

And to CJY101, thanks for the screenies.

deety42

Thanks so much for those screen shots!  And, I hope SmileyCoder sticks around.  I agree with the "can't we all just get along" sentiment...