Suggestion for Hiding Maps

Started by dhc, January 16, 2020, 05:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhc

Hello,

I would like to suggest moving the 'Hide' button that is currently found on a map's detail screen to the map's summary screen.

I don't have issues when hiding individual maps, but it would be very helpful where I am attempting to hide a class of maps.

The search function works well to find maps that are flagged with hash tags or other keywords, so I'll occasionally try to reduce the number of available maps by hiding groups of maps that have mechanics that I'm not interested in.

Right now, the process is:

1) Send search parameters to Knuckle Cracker servers
2) Receive list of applicable maps
3) Click Details button of an individual map to view map details
4) Click Hide button to flag map
5) Automatically receive new list of applicable maps
6) Repeat Steps 3-5 for each remaining map in the list

That's a lot of back and forth with the server and extra clicking to get to the buttons on each map.

As I mentioned, the current process isn't a big deal with one or two maps but try this with twenty or thirty maps and it takes a while.

Right now, the Hide button is located in the map details screen in both CW3 and Particle Fleet.  I notice that the 'Fav' button is on both the summary and detail screens.

I don't know how (or if) the map listings will change in CW4, so I wanted to raise the subject while this is still in development.

I'm excited by what I've seen so far and I'm looking forward to CW4's release when it is done.

Thanks.

Karsten75

I'll mention it to "the powers that be" :)