SetDigitalisGrowth not forming connection

Started by stewbasic, June 04, 2014, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbasic

I'm using SetDigitalisGrowth to lay down ungrown digitalis. In some cases although it is adjacent to grown and seeded digitalis, it doesn't grow. See the attached map for an example.

The following fix the problem:
* Replacing the digitalis using "+Digi" in edit mode (even without removing it first)
* Resetting the digitalis using the "Delete Digitalis" button in edit mode.
The following do not:
* Save/load
* Cutting the digitalis off and letting it regrow.
* Removing the emitter, letting the digitalis die, and then replacing it.

I played around a bit but couldn't see a simple set of conditions to determine when the bug occurs.

stewbasic

Possibly related: If I use SetDigitalis(x y 0) to kill digitalis (but leave the growth), that also seems to prevent the digitalis from regrowing there.

planetfall

Quote from: stewbasic on June 04, 2014, 08:07:17 PM
Possibly related: If I use SetDigitalis(x y 0) to kill digitalis (but leave the growth), that also seems to prevent the digitalis from regrowing there.

Hmm. I used SetDigitalis(x y -1) in a few maps and that seemed to work.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Annonymus

What happens if you put some digitalis on top of the growth and remove it immediatly?
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

stewbasic

Quote from: Annonymus on June 05, 2014, 12:31:30 PM
What happens if you put some digitalis on top of the growth and remove it immediatly?
This seems to work; I'll use this workaround for now:

SetDigitalisGrowth(dup2 TRUE)
SetDigitalis(dup2 0.1)
SetDigitalis(-1)

GoodMorning

For those who find this when searching - SetDigitalis to 0 is intended to prevent growth, staying at 0 forever. SetDigitalis to -1 is the standard way to kill it. Somewhere, V explained about this (internal array, negatives=ungrown). The wiki page for SetDigitalis has been updated.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.