Spores in Chronom

Started by Sqaz, August 28, 2010, 03:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqaz

I've noticed that the longer the time between the spores, the more spores there are, is this always like that, and is there a set amount of spores for each time eg. 4.30 = 2  6.30 = 6?

UpperKEES

Yeah, that would be nice to know.

Another nice thing to be aware of, is that they always seem to arrive from the side where the emitters are. Only tricky when the emitters are in a corner....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

So I can tell all, or I can leave it a mystery for folks to figure out.  There are very definite rules that govern them, though there are repeatably pseudo random values used to make the final determination of amount and frequency of spores.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on August 28, 2010, 09:52:06 AM
So I can tell all, or I can leave it a mystery for folks to figure out.  There are very definite rules that govern them, though there are repeatably pseudo random values used to make the final determination of amount and frequency of spores.

I can live with not knowing every little part of the algorithm.....

UpperKEES

Okay, let's post our experiences here. People who don't want to know just shouldn't read it.

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 02, 2010, 01:31:18 PM
Okay, let's post our experiences here. People who don't want to know just shouldn't read it.

Yea, reverse engineering it should be fun! :)

Also the algorithm for deciding how many of the maps get spores in the first place.

The Creep Destroyer

Sure Algorithms are nice, I kinda like knowing all the info for Creeper World, like Energy per square, Energy required to recharge blaster, Ectera :P
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

UpperKEES

Quote from: The Creep Destroyer on September 02, 2010, 11:37:44 PM
I kinda like knowing all the info for Creeper World

So do I. Some people think it doesn't matter that much, but it definitely helps me making the right decisions. :)

Energy per square

Energy required to recharge blaster

10 (= 50 shots)

thepenguin

I'll help as much as I can (school starts on tuesday) :(
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 28, 2010, 06:15:22 AM
Another nice thing to be aware of, is that they always seem to arrive from the side where the emitters are. Only tricky when the emitters are in a corner....

When the emitters are in a corner the spores seem to arrive from a corner as well! (That would be a nice option in the map editor.....)

SPIFFEN

Oh i didnt think much about it , for me it looked like the spore came from left or right ,
depending of where the emitters where .
not noticed any spore attacks from buttom or top yet .
But i usally dont play maps with spore attacks , so i dont know for sure .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Nope, I was wrong. Just replayed the same map and it must have been a coincidence that they appeared to arrive from a corner.