Started by AutoPost, February 08, 2022, 05:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9855: Inhibitor on vacations

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:

Weasee

one of these things, is not like the other, doo doo doot doot do dooooo!

Helper

I almost made it to the 4:00 mark.  :o
Certainly is an interesting start.

At some point, I would love to see a screen grab somewhere around 4:00-4:30.
Thanks for the wake up call this morning.
H

Weasee

Martin: I do like your maps <3

Helper: I don't have a save at 4 mins, but the attached pic is at 2:26. Hopefully this gives you some hints!

D0m0nik

Nice screen grab Weasee, I do exactly the same on a level like this right down to the collectors inbetween the CNs for maximum collectivity!

D0m0nik

I should mention though, the grid layout of collectors is not the most efficient. I use it just for convenience but the best player this game has ever seen was Alterold and he used to space them out to optimise build/collection, minimal overlap! That's next level stuff  :P ;D

Martin Gronsdal

What would you guys change in this map, except for the obvious  - an inhibitor?

Reason I'm asking is that I want to make maps everyone likes and that are playable and not too technical.

D0m0nik

You want to make maps that everyone likes  :o :o :o

You big sell out!
;) :P

D0m0nik

Don't fall into the trap of trying to please everyone, it is the road to mediocre, bang average maps. I hate some of your maps, I love some of your maps. They ALL add something to the game and are all a welcome addition even if only a few people enjoy them.

Look at Pastorhealers maps, some of them are only downloaded 20 times and only me and H bother completing them but they are brilliant and provide a challenge that cannot be found anywhere else, they are immensly valuable even though they are only for a handful of people. Variety is the spice of life.

You are an imaginative and creative person, just keep flexing that creative muscle and enjoy making maps you think you would like to see in the game. Can't go wrong. And ignore the ratings!!!!!

Martin Gronsdal

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 09, 2022, 12:57:47 PM
Don't fall into the trap of trying to please everyone, it is the road to mediocre, bang average maps. I hate some of your maps, I love some of your maps. They ALL add something to the game and are all a welcome addition even if only a few people enjoy them.

Look at Pastorhealers maps, some of them are only downloaded 20 times and only me and H bother completing them but they are brilliant and provide a challenge that cannot be found anywhere else, they are immensly valuable even though they are only for a handful of people. Variety is the spice of life.

You are an imaginative and creative person, just keep flexing that creative muscle and enjoy making maps you think you would like to see in the game. Can't go wrong. And ignore the ratings!!!!!

I agree and thank you!

Helper

What the D man said.
I might swear at you and PH a lot and call you all kinds of rude names...but never in public.

The thing of it is, when I finish a map by either one of you, it is with a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.

Continue to march and make maps for you, not for us. Although very often it is the same thing.

Spoiler
After seeing the screen grab, now I know what Weasee's first Spoiler was all about.
[close]

Thanks to all,
H

Helper

Quote from: Weasee on February 09, 2022, 09:13:52 AM
Martin: I do like your maps <3

Helper: I don't have a save at 4 mins, but the attached pic is at 2:26. Hopefully this gives you some hints!

Perfect!
Thank you.
I am giving it another go with a hat tip to you.
H

Helper

That's more like it.
Thanks again.
H