Omni Suggestion

Started by Nicant, December 26, 2015, 01:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicant

Here are some suggestions about the new omnis!
NOTE: When I say modules, i don't mean the ship modules!!!

I have an Idea about the new omnis! The omnis are cool and all and how they can do almost everything! But how about selecting what the omnis can do, selecting what "modules" they have on them. Ex. Having an omni that has the mire and lathe modules, but not anything else. OR an omni that has a phalanx and mire module, but again nothing else. | There would also be different costs for each module. Ex. A mire module costs 50 and a lathe module costs 100. | The purpose of this would be so you don't have to spend extra energy for modules you don't need. Ex. You need to mire land before nearby particles break through a plasma cloud and reach your land. The omni you are building costs alot (assuming) and most of the cost is for module you don't need, so the particles would reach your land before the omni gets built. | You could also "upgrade" your omnis if you need another module. Ex. You mired some land and particles are coming to remove your mire, you need another omni with a phalanx module to stop them. The omni you already have could be "upgraded" so it can have a phalanx module instead of using up another omni to do just one job. |

Edit: Here is an image to see what i mean and what the module selection might look like! It is a modified image from Dreadful Mismanagement! P.S. I am not a very good artist XD
CW4 hype!!

Qwerty Quazo

Cool, hope it'll be added to Particle Fleet!
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Kharnellius

I guess I don't understand how that would be any less complicated than having 3-4 separate units.  V has mentioned he was trying to keep the game simple by not over complicating things, etc.  The focus is in space and not on land.