Will there be community Youtubers?

Started by billybob, May 08, 2013, 06:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyDragon

I will post strategy and tutorial videos.
This is Life,  Life happens.

billybob

Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

TrickyDragon

have to wait until i record them first, then V has to put them on the blog.....   
This is Life,  Life happens.

lich98

Quote from: TrickyDragon on June 18, 2013, 06:13:31 PM
have to wait until i record them first, then V has to put them on the blog.....   

Unless you post them after game release.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Imposter

I might do a few. I just recently purchased a fun recording program called litecam HD. The file sizes are a lot smaller than fraps, and decent quality. Though, like the other poster said, production value is important as well. I'm not quite sure how I would make myself interesting in this game. Not sure if anyone plays Starcraft 2, but I made my first video for that recently, .

Oh also, speaking of production value, does anyone recommend a video editing program. Something under $100, preferably $50 or under. I'm thinking about powerdirector.

Michionlion

I use VirtualDub, which is free, and has everything you'll actually need unless you want to make a whole bunch of special effects...  Avidemux is also a good, free, editing program.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Imposter

Yea, I don't need anything too fancy. One thing I wanted to do that I couldn't with Windows Live Movie maker, is be able to put a simple picture over a certain part of the video. I guess it's called picture in picture, or having more than one video track. I'm still very much a beginner :). I also want the video quality to remain fairly in tact. I'll probably download VirtualDub later and take a look at it. Thanks!

lich98

I use at $60 program called Pinnacle Studio. I mainly got this because I wanted to have some of the fancy effects and tile movements.
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Grauniad

Quote from: lich98 on July 07, 2013, 11:48:18 AM
I use at $60 program called Pinnacle Studio. I mainly got this because I wanted to have some of the fancy effects and tile movements.

And because you had $60 to spend... :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

Quote from: Grauniad on July 07, 2013, 02:29:48 PM
Quote from: lich98 on July 07, 2013, 11:48:18 AM
And because you had $60 to spend... :)

I had closer to 250 to spend...
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Neko187

Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

JF-T

I was unable to post for the previous versions, but I deeply plan on doing an entire let's paly on almost every bit of the main story mode atleast on CW3 almost the moment it releases, if not, the nthe moment i own it.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Ninja

Quote from: Grauniad on May 08, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
and a lot of space on your hard drive.
Well then it's a good thing I got a 3 terabyte hard drive just waiting to be used. :P

wolfman2000

Wow...been awhile since I used these forums.

Assuming this comes out on the Mac right away, I may try LPing this game. I know I'm nowhere near as good as some of you guys, but I don't care really. Heck, this may provide some insight.

*disclaimer: I have gotten the quick nexus kill on CW2...once I think. Bit too much skill and luck on that one for me to do regularly.*

Michionlion

Quote from: wolfman2000 on September 27, 2013, 08:18:47 PM
Wow...been awhile since I used these forums.

Assuming this comes out on the Mac right away, I may try LPing this game. I know I'm nowhere near as good as some of you guys, but I don't care really. Heck, this may provide some insight.

*disclaimer: I have gotten the quick nexus kill on CW2...once I think. Bit too much skill and luck on that one for me to do regularly.*

There is currently a Mac RC, so most likely windows and mac will release at the same time.  Linux, on the other hand, is probably a few months down the road.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!