where is Helper and Johnny Haywire?

Started by Martin Gronsdal, August 30, 2022, 03:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Gronsdal

buttRcaT

I've been wondering where Helper is as well, i doubt I've been here long enough to remember Johnny Haywire tho :/
Maybe they are just taking a break, but idk, could have been banned for some strange reason?

Builder17

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 30, 2022, 03:30:40 PM
did something happen to them?

From a quick look, Helper has visited here few days ago: https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=4215

Johnny Haywire idk, but they haven't been active since December.
Could be that they simply don't have any reason to visit the forum anymore. (moved onwards in life or just got something else to spend their time for?(in real life or otherwise)  :)

I know from personal experience, since there's another game-related forum I used to visit every day, but nowadays visit it just few times a year to check for news.

BilboGCL

Quote from: buttRcaT on August 30, 2022, 10:50:48 PM
I've been wondering where Helper is as well, i doubt I've been here long enough to remember Johnny Haywire tho :/
Maybe they are just taking a break, but idk, could have been banned for some strange reason?

I have no clue how you come to the conclusion one of them could have been banned while you are still here ;)
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

buttRcaT

Quote from: BilboGCL on August 31, 2022, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: buttRcaT on August 30, 2022, 10:50:48 PM

I have no clue how you come to the conclusion one of them could have been banned while you are still here ;)

Just a quick theory lmao : )
Also wdym 'while you are still here' I'm kinda scared heheh... :-\

teknotiss

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 30, 2022, 03:30:40 PMdid something happen to them?

dunno about Johnny but Helper has left KC and CW3 probably for good sadly.

he is not accepting messages from the PM system here anymore for sure.

all i know sorry dudes!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Martin Gronsdal

I just hope he left voluntarily, anyway it's sad...

teknotiss

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 13, 2022, 05:00:17 AMI just hope he left voluntarily, anyway it's sad...

agreed, it is very sad to lose a pillar of our little community here!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

All this discussion around "leaving voluntarily" is more than a little paranoid. It clearly shows on a user's profile if their leaving is involuntarily. Even then I can make an argument that, since they were in control of their preceding actions, their being absent is voluntary, based on said actions.

teknotiss

regarding the "this user is currently banned" line on whomsoevers that profile is, it doesn't say that on any of the profiles i can see...

perhaps that is something you get to see and we don't?

hence the people wondering...

Karsten75

I'm investigating that text not appearing for non-admin users. In the interim, here is Helper's profile as it shows up for me:

Let me also add that in total, there are only 10 banned users on this forum.

Martin Gronsdal

was Helper one of the developers/testers of maps/CW3-game?

teknotiss

i think he was part of the Beta Testers on CW3...

why do you ask?

Martin Gronsdal

I'd assume that a beta tester would leave his email or phone number to the game makers.... just that

Karsten75

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 03, 2022, 04:13:14 PMI'd assume that a beta tester would leave his email or phone number to the game makers.... just that
One more time. If we have collected personal information from players, testers, purchasers. - for whatever reason, that information is not ours to release for others or to make public.

In addition, other than purchase records that are kept indefinitely (you'd be surprised how many people request assistance many years after purchase) records or data provided for participation in beta programs are deleted at some point after the program ends.

As best as I recollect about the CW3 beta that ended before October 2013, we never asked for real names or extraneous data such as phone numbers.

In conclusion, let me be clear. If a member here had not left any contact information in a public location or publicly visible in their profile, there is no means to contact them regardless of whether they are active or inactive, or have suddenly changed their level of activity.