Custom Map #11090: Rygar. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, March 26, 2024, 01:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11090: Rygar

Author: stdout
Size: 250x250

Desc:
How will you handle those enemies out in the void? It seems impossible. Well, deal with what is in front you first and maybe a path will open. WARNING! At some point in this game you will experience an extremely long freeze. This is expected. When the game freezes, just wait. It might take up to a minute to unfreeze. Inspired by a recent map by Drunkpapa148. #CRPL

D0m0nik

stdout

Glad you liked it. Great score!

That freeze sure is brutal. I know well how long it takes to generate terrain but I always do it before making the map, not during gameplay, so it didn't matter until now.

I have a sequel map to this one, with a bunch of smaller islands. Finished and played through it. Might make some changes before I finalize and upload, though. It's a boss fight with a tremendously heavy creeper load.

D0m0nik

Look forward to it. I like the themes of your picture maps, even though I was a Sega kid!

stdout

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 27, 2024, 03:42:03 AMI was a Sega kid!

Gasp! Next you're going to say you had an Amiga instead of C64! 😂

D0m0nik

Ha, just seen this! Yes I had a C64. Loading a tape and then going for my dinner while it loaded! I would love to play road rash 2 and outrun again, fond memories!

toolforger

Rygar? Dorago? Daughter?
Seems I missed all of this - what is it?

stdout

It was a Nintendo game that I played when I was a kid in the 80s. Fun side scroller metroidvania type. My son and I played through it again recently on our switch and therefore I made this map based on it (my maps often reflect which retro games we're currently replaying in our home).

As for Dorago and the daughter... Dorago was the final boss of the game, who apparently had kidnapped this man's daughter. But other than being mentioned in this one part of the game, we never see or hear about her again. I imagine she must have escaped and returned home prior to us catching up to the final boss area.