Custom Map #904: survival mode round 1:big creeper

Started by AutoPost, February 27, 2012, 12:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #904: survival mode round 1:big creeper

Author: lee

Desc:
welcome to survival mode! you will face in your journies:drones,phantoms,onslauts,nexesus,creeper densetys beyond your imagination,or all at once!survive! rules: 1.survive as long as possible,these levels can never be completly cleared of creeper. 2.collect the 0 cost blocked off bunker to win 3.higher time=better score 4.you have limmited wepons in each and every level 5.on some levels you will have a weak anti-creeper shield. Guidance: the chambers to your right contain thick creeper,as more time passes,more creeper will escape,it will also get thicker,the chamber below has increasing amounts of creeper coming out of the emmiters,it also serves as the main point were creeper gets to attack your base from,all creeper flows into there.

Nate Dog

I'm really curious to see how many people actually try to play this map correctly.

fitz

Quote from: Nate Dog on February 27, 2012, 12:25:41 AM
I'm really curious to see how many people actually try to play this map correctly.

I cannot resist a challenge like that.

Much to my frustration it does not seem possible to 'play'

The only way to get the dark beam is to build a rift the other side of the emitters during the first minute. This is hard, but possible.

The dark beam is sitting on a 2147M of embedded creeper which then moves around to the pool in the middle. Then it moves up to start the nexus which kills your landing ship (which you cannot move) and the bunker.

For those of you that solve this little problem (I can't) and wish to use the dark beam to attack the nexus you will find there is no 'experimentals' tab so you can't build one.

GRRRRRRRR  :-\  >:(

However, it's a good survival game. Thumbs up from me!

EmdSh

I played for about 50 minutes. There seems to be no end. Be sure to test your maps properly. Thanks.

Nate Dog

Quote from: EmdSh on February 27, 2012, 05:21:15 PM
I played for about 50 minutes. There seems to be no end. Be sure to test your maps properly. Thanks.

Assuming you did actually last that long, congratulations! If you'll notice in the intro text he says there's a button you simply press to win, you'll find this in the upper right hand corner in the form of a bunker :)

eudrick

Quote from: EmdSh on February 27, 2012, 05:21:15 PM
If it had been truly unwinnable it would have never made it past the Map Mods.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

EmdSh

What i meant was, that it is possible to reach a status quo in this so called survival-mode. You can let the game play by it self until the end of days. So the winner of this challenge is not the best one but the person who has the most time (or a 2nd computer).