Custom Map #3316: Running cramps. By: Tasonir

Started by AutoPost, March 24, 2016, 11:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3316: Running cramps

Author: Tasonir
Size: 50x150

Desc:
A short race northward against runners, spores, and creeper. Fairly small starting area, and no totems for upgrading, so it should be somewhat challenging.

teknotiss

sorry to disagree, but for me no forge =  not a lot of fun....

on the design
Spoiler
i can see from the minimap since the spores are undefended this won't be too tricky... if you leave targets like that undefended, or on flat terrain, it will tempt players to land and take them for the powerzones...
modifying terrain heights, or adding some emitters to defend them will fix that in future.
[close]

i will always recommend some totems in maps, maybe limiting some tech upgrades will be better? players like me will at least try the maps that way
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Vanguard

No forge, no play. Tech limits are fine, Even limiting resources ( like only aether packets instead of totems ) is fine. But it just takes so much away.

Please give us forges!  ;D

Jerdog

If a map can be beaten in under about 12 minutes then the lack of totems is not that big of a deal.  It's the big tech-less slogs that are the killer.

So this one I could live with.

D0m0nik

Yeah general consensus is that not adding totems does not add to a map. Fighting across digitalis is especially tiresome without at least one range upgrade. I also landed top and quickly had 4 PZs to play with, 2 reactors and 2 berthas later and the rest was history.