Custom Map #3887: ParaEmitters. By: Raven_C

Started by AutoPost, August 27, 2016, 11:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3887: ParaEmitters

Author: Raven_C
Size: 224x224

Desc:
Main weapon: Beams Win condition: Destroy all Normal Emitters and ParaPlanes(You'll know them when you see them) Spoiler down below Good luck. #crpl To win destroy all the normal emitters which are smaller than the crpl emitters and ParaPlanes. Use beams to destroy the crpl emitters and the ParaPlanes every 5 minutes new planes are spawned then after 5 more minutes they become active. every 11 minutes after a crpl emitter is spawned it creates a spore.

chwooly

Great Idea, Would love to see more maps like this

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

Agreed. Slightly harder, though.

Specifically:
Spoiler

CRPL Emitters might become slightly tougher, the layer might have a different health structure (I missed the death, but it looked like the first one had little going for it but regeneration. The others had reasonable health, but if you got to them before they flew, that area gained a curtain of PZ Beams).

So:
More layers, perhaps in two types (sacrificing speed for power, Creeper for Beams, or some such thing.)
A more visible "build phase", perhaps using ammo or AC ammo meters.
More Spores.
More layers, in varieties, with toughness adjusted.

At least one Terp.

Less AC, space, time. Perhaps finite Aether and limited upgrades.

And a death reaction for the main units. Firecracker.crpl (Sorrontis) might be an inspiration.
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

GoodMorning

Ouch...

I just looked at the scripts, and winced.

There's something you should know:
Queueing another move every second doesn't give time for the earlier move(s) to complete. Result? An ever-expanding queue.
Using GetQueuedMoveCount eq0 can help, as can a "growth" timer set by the parent.

I like this idea, do you mind if I steal borrow it for a map or two?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Raven_C

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind if you use the idea and would like to see how it turns out.

Johnny Haywire

Just played this map and really liked it! Excellent idea!

I might like for the para-troopers to keep spawning every 5 minutes throughout the game even if they get shot down. I waited around to see what would happen but after the first 4 died that was it.  :(

Agree with the "make it harder" comment, but keep in mind that might give ya lower ratings.

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?