that is not the milky way

Started by bikkethepirate, October 27, 2013, 11:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikkethepirate

if  the story takes place in 5 billion years, the galaxy that we see cannot possibly be the milky way since in 4 billion years, the milky way and the andromeda will merg and the new galaxy would most certainly not look like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%93Milky_Way_collision

just pointing it out.

Kharnellius

Umm, thanks?

Lol, I don't think V was all that concerned with this.

4xC

Even though it says 5 billion years at first, you should check out the later scripts to see if it still says 10 billion unless Master Wall has changed that.
C,C,C,C

Grayzzur

Didn't you get the memo? The Loki destroyed the Andromeda galaxy before it could interfere with their plans.

:)
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

bikkethepirate

pretty sure 10 billion is when the loki started thier mission, loki have been doing thier thing for 5 billion years in CW1

JF-T

Don't forget though that this is 10 to 5 billion in the future give or take the date of Creeper World 2's time period as a single solid number.
What we know of the universe and it's workings is comparable to that of an eggplant next to... well the Arc's data banks (lawl spoilers not really).
Rift space was destroyed, how that was possible we don't know, but the point of it is that that musta taken a really massive hunk of explosives, so it stands to reason that maybe the andromeda galaxy merged with the milky way but thorugh all the war humanity and the loki had waged, possibly more than 50% of the total matter mass of both galaxies had been destroyed as a result.

After all, this is crazy far into the future, it's easily implied in the story that whole planets were somtimes jsut totally blown up... i think.

Either that with the massive wars shaping and transforming the galaxies into wastelands with hardly anything in them... or this...

Lia had moved the ship from system to system and did repairs in secret, this much we know, but we don't know how long that coulda gone on for, how many times she needed to GFTO from a system to avoid detection, and the distance she'd covered.

For all we know CW3 takes place in a galaxy we can't even see yet :D

MY two cents so i'm jsut saying those are possibilities atleast to me.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Nephthys

Could have sworn that I was playing a game based on a fictional story! /friendly!

Ringo

Quote from: Nephthys on November 05, 2013, 04:27:35 PM
Could have sworn that I was playing a game based on a fictional story! /friendly!

Here here

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ninja

Quote from: Grauniad on November 08, 2013, 07:11:39 AM
Please, hear, hear
Owned by the moderator.

Note: I'm not saying I would have gotten that right, but I'm just saying we all get owned by the moderator at one time or another; it's why they are moderators.

Grauniad

The above and the homophonic "per say" for "per se" are some of my pet peeves.

Martoon

Quote from: Grauniad on November 08, 2013, 08:34:23 AM
Wow. I don't think I've seen "per say" before. Ouch.

My top pet peeve is probably "begs the question" (when the writer/speaker actually just means "raises the question").

teknotiss

Quote from: Martoon on November 08, 2013, 08:46:48 PM
Wow. I don't think I've seen "per say" before. Ouch.

My top pet peeve is probably "begs the question" (when the writer/speaker actually just means "raises the question").

my personal one is "you can't have your cake and eat it" (since you can have a cake then eat it), when the original saying was "you can't eat your cake and have it too" (which is logically correct). but i feel i'm on a loser with this one so i try not to shout at the TV too much ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Cavemaniac

And at the risk of annoying G with further off topic entries - my number one peeve is alot.

I get that alot. No, you get that a lot. And if you mean it in the allocate sense, you need another l and t. Allott.

Peeve number two is decimate. My army was TOTALLY decimated. Decimate means lose one tenth of your force. You TOTALLY lost one tenth?!

Sigh.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grauniad

Quote from: Cavemaniac on November 08, 2013, 10:07:08 PM

And at the risk of annoying G with further off topic entries - my number one peeve is alot.

I get that alot. No, you get that a lot. And if you mean it in the allocate sense, you need another l and t. Allott.

Peeve number two is decimate. My army was TOTALLY decimated. Decimate means lose one tenth of your force. You TOTALLY lost one tenth?!

Sigh.

That was truly funny. Did you spellchuck that?