Creating Enemy Ships With Time Delay

Started by GameGlitch, November 23, 2016, 09:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameGlitch

Heya all, I'm looking to spawn in enemy ships with a timed delay. The idea is that they appear at a certain point in a mission, but once they are destroyed, they don't respawn. It would be handy if a conversation could start as well. Might I ask what the script for this would like like? A template, if you will. I'll probably use one script per ship, so I would just copy the script and change the relevant information.

GoodMorning

Invisible ship spawner, initial delay to create a ship, arbitrarily large delay before replacing it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

GameGlitch

Relli

Off the top of my head and without fully understanding PRPL, I'd guess that you could set a ship's spawner to explode once the ship was destroyed. If you had a way of reading whether the ship had been destroyed. Then if you made it invisible like GoodMorning said, it would look like a single ship with no spawner that never comes back after defeated. It's funny...this was something I wanted to use in my own game, if I ever try making it. So it's nice to hear how people answer it. Incidentally, if there is no command that allows you to tell if a non-player ship has been destroyed, I request it, as that would feature prominently in my map series.

Oblivion

You could simply get the ships ID immediately after creating it and test whether or not it has been destroyed or created.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~