something I don't get

Started by creeper killer, December 19, 2011, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeper killer

the liberation ship has a built in rift system right?
then how come when it's being attacked by creeper they don't just rift to safety?
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Kithros

The idea behind the *liberation* ship is to liberate the worlds that have creeper on them, and also during some of the story missions the rift capability is disabled for arbitrary reasons.

Ebon Heart

Why don't you bring your weapons with you when you go to a new world? It's best just to not ask questions.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

creeper killer

Quote from: Ebon Heart on December 19, 2011, 07:13:41 PM
Why don't you bring your weapons with you when you go to a new world? It's best just to not ask questions.
well, that one is easy to explain, you can't rift them with you and they don't have built in rift engines, and micro rifts are a far to limited range to transfer items to other worlds.
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Ranakastrasz

As for weapons, well, Fractal Mechanics cause fractal beam generators to be rather unstable when going through long distance rifts, and as a result tend to explode. The same may be true of Fractal charges, but we decided, considering the large scale explosions caused already by the rather weak fractal beam generators, that experimenting with something with a larger payload might not be such a good idea </badexplanationijustmadeuponthespot>

Jarin

I just want to know why they can't cram a single solitary blaster turret on such an important ship, when those superbunkers can mount blasters and missiles.

Shimizu

Maybe for Creeper World 3, 1 of the 'upgrade' options will be upgrade ship ordinance ;)
Meow?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Shimizu on January 01, 2012, 07:18:08 AM
Maybe for Creeper World 3, 1 of the 'upgrade' options will be upgrade ship ordinance ;)
Don't count on it. :P it takes away from gameplay, since one of your first challenges is figuring of the right moment to build weapons.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Jarin on December 28, 2011, 01:38:02 PM
I just want to know why they can't cram a single solitary blaster turret on such an important ship, when those superbunkers can mount blasters and missiles.

I gave a reason in my post (which I just made up) that using a one-sided/large rift, fractal beam generators happen to explode.

readerboy7

rifting out is dangerous if there is creeper near because creeper generates a geo-magnetic storm cloud frequency caused by the pseudonacrobots that make up the creeper that can cause the ship and the rest of the solar system to turn into creeper unless there is a highly powerful neofraternateral device built into the ship like there was in odin ship. unfortunately, those were mistakenly transported into thors hammer, along with the blueprints.