Alpha - Waternaris

Started by Dragonkat, December 17, 2014, 01:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonkat

again I find myself asking how, I've even tried copying setups from other threads, (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15075.0) but it just doesn't work. Contrary to that setup you aren't protected and the creeper comes right over from the north, then east, you just don't have the room/energy production to keep up. and when I tried adding mortars to compensate I hit a deficit, and boom, overwhelmed anyway. How do you get out?

Dragonkat

Current setup. Do I just need to maybe try and terp for more reactor room? Even then, would I have the energy? It just seems like there's just too much creeper to get out. and even with eventually 3 mortars on the north side you barely keep it out.

Karsten75

<resists urge to merge topics>

It' really is only a matter of extremely careful energy management and judicious terrain modification to create additional reactor space and defendable areas.

Dragonkat

Quite right Karsten on all fronts, topic merge included.  :P I think that's the longest it's taken me to cover that much ground on a map.

Want to say even Bardel was easier in it's own way.

Grayzzur

That map took me about a dozen tries to get a stable foothold. It was one of the most challenging starts, and most rewarding wins because of it, of any map I've played. Such a simple map, nothing fancy, but the balance to get started is very tight.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker