Custom Map #2997: Another Dimension Part 1. By: Ryguy9999

Started by AutoPost, January 03, 2016, 09:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2997: Another Dimension Part 1

Author: Ryguy9999
Size: 128x84

Desc:
The first map in the series. The start is a bit tricky, but otherwise a relatively easy progression map. (Was very hard without the siphon resources, try not using any siphons as an extra challenge!) I am using an original script I call the Energy Sink, which requests high amounts of energy from your network and should it attain any, pumps out creeper. It cannot but destroyed, but is not required to. #nospore #crpl #energysink Feel free to use the script so long as you mention me as credit!

GameGibu

Congrats on the interesting concept! ;D ;D

I hope to see more great CRPL ideas from you.

Regards,
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Jerdog

Nice CPRL.  I avoided it so much I didn't find out what it does until after completion.  Strong stuff.

I can definitely see this one used in a catch-22:  you need a connector a point that also connects a black hole.

Johnny Haywire

Very cool script concept - good job with the map! Thanks for your creativity  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Quote from: Jerdog on January 04, 2016, 10:17:12 PM
I can definitely see this one used in a catch-22:  you need a connector a point that also connects a black hole.

Great idea, it could even be like a maze, multiple routes, some triggering more black holes than ever. Would love to see it. Perhaps one sneaky way through?

GameGibu

To avoid the same situation as when I made a backdoor in a map, which I'll never do again, I recommend that the any hidden difficulty-changing elements should only ever make the map harder. Making the map easier for those who happen upon a feature could cause problems.

Just a suggestion though... ;)
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

thumbmaster

This was a really fun map! We're going to borrow the script for sure. The little dude is already scheming on how to use this...  8)
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

toolforger

I found the start easy actually, but I can only chime in with the praise of the concept.
It's a great tool for a mapmaker, and giving players a choice about whether they'd rather deal with the creeper or with the inability to connect directly should be great.

Some suggestions:
- Give a hint how much energy will be sucked, and/or how much creeper will flow.
- Different black holes could have different amounts.
- Show a faint circle around a black hole that tells the player where the energy-sucking radius of the black hole is. That makes it easier to plan, which is a Good Thing. Maybe show the circle only when the players mouses over the black hole.

Overall, a very nice new idea, and I hope to see more maps that use it!