Custom Map #1343: Deep Space Infant. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, February 24, 2019, 07:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1343: Deep Space Infant

Author: Decagon
Size: 256x144

Desc:
Somewhere in the depths of Redacted Space, huddled amidst the debris of its predecessor, a tiny baby Starfire awakens for the first time. Though its birth circumstances were less than ideal, the Crystallid infant quickly figures out the situation and prepares to defend itself.

Gotha

baby ships are adorable ;D

but overall this was fun, the challenge thankfully comes from the small scale of the map, limited space and weapons both make for a fun challenge that isn't seen in your maps too much, i'd recommend getting a shard as fast as you can, then trying to pot-shot the emitter (ie shooting at the max limit of the range) as da babeh boi can defend himself just fine, do keep him un-stunned though, afterwards you can honestly do the map any way you want, i ended up going down then to the right which i guess was the hard way (rip all the lost shards :'( )

i'd move the friendly HQ a bit more out of the map so it isn't shooting at land, or as easily spotted, otherwise the map lacks anything that needs changing, the balance is well done and fun, the story is interesting as i hope to see this baby's story line followed some more (the collective better not touch his tiny baby face)

svartmes

I agree with Gotha, baby ships are adorable  :D
Great map with a refreshingly good challenge! Great use of space on such a relatively small map.
Shameful it gets such low scores, personally I'd give it 10 but ultimately it gets a nitpicky 9 from me because of the need to "collect all pickups". It's just never fun to lathe pickups when you've already won the map, I wish all mapmakers would turn this off.

FOXX

Tricky start.
Great map.
Welcome back Decagon :)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Jaap