Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #640: map 89 RAPTORS VS ARMENIA

Author: yum234
Size: 500x500

Desc:
7 totems. Not too strong, but evil raptors. #GoodLuck

bgzzz

This map is very hard, because we can't build defense fast enough to protect the HQ.

However, I was able to beat it. Not sure if it was intended by yum, but it works. here's how :

Spoiler
First, build the four mines within the biggest "flag". Also pick the AMP and the canon.
Starts to build the canon beetween this mines and, -this is the trick- set them to not build in the ship option. The ship won't build, will be indestructible at this point, but the enemy ships will be stucked at trying to destroy it.

Next, go the bottom "flag" with the two mines. Start to build mines, capture omis and pick ships around. build a new canon to defense this part of the map.
pick the varro ship and use the same technique as before. Starts to build the varro within the four mines, but disable the build. This will trap enemy ships.

you'll have to destroy emitters as soon as you can to allow you breathing.

using this technique, I still have my HQ destroyed some times. Each time it was destroyed, I spawn in a new flag to capture new mines, pick ships, omins, etc.

After a while, you will have enough power and time to build full ships and manage to have a stronghold (south-east). When this is strong enough, one by one cancel build of trapped ships and built it actually.
[close]

To yum: metallic ground is quite painful... but the map was interesting :)

GoodMorning

Out of interest, yum, how was this supposed to be completed (that is, your method)?

My method was - interesting. I lost a fully-built Cannon to the first wave of Raptors, ans gave up on that approach thereafter (I didn't build another ship). I tried HQ-dropping ships, but that proved ineffective.

Method

Two gems - Omni upgrades. A mine in each area.

Then park the HQ in the largest flag, and watch it singlehandedly take on every ship-targeter. All of which sit over land, and so cannot fire.

Meanwhile, take the rest of the map with Omnis. Then spend some time wondering where the other Totem is ("I was sure the description mentioned seven..."). Eventually I realised that it was in the MK7 field and that there was a ship covering it at the time.

Repeated HQ-drops finally built it (there's nothing to reduce once-made progress).

Warp the HQ in one more time for a big finish.
[close]

Had I to guess, I would say that you might have done my endgame at the beginning while it was safer, then played a similar way to my main game, building a Cannon to expedite the clearing of mire when the attackers were looking at the (smug) HQ.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.