Custom Map #318: The Planet (1). By: Xeiron Industries

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2016, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Haywire

I just finished playing all 4 maps and for the most part the maps are quite enjoyable, aside from a lot of misspelled words  :P

I felt this map was a bit too slow, as others have mentioned. I didn't think it was that difficult though - the abundance of gems allow you to establish a safe perimeter to blast stuff. I circled with my fleet around the outside of the map to avoid stray mk7 shots hitting my base.

As a result of the size and predictability of the enemy ships' movements I ended up just setting ships in position then going afk while they cleared the plasma and stuff.

For maps of this size, I'd recommend making the challenges increasingly more difficult so that it doesn't feel like you're "cleaning up" most of the time. I don't mind the fragile ships so much - to me, it increases the need for careful tactics.

The "grabber" ships are virtually useless in this map since there are no blue particles (?) - Not sure why they're there in such abundance. I'd have preferred a few more useful ships instead.

Thanks for all your efforts in these maps. Despite the negative things everyone's mentioned, I still thought this was a decent map. I think most of the biggest problems are easy fixes and I look forward to your future maps!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

CyberDyneSystems

Hi Xeiron,
I actually loved this map!

Coming to it late, I hope you get a chance to read this.

It's not every-bodies idea of fun I guess, but I for one like how this map progressed.

I really think you should take some time to edit this map and fix a few things though

1- Get the blue particle working, you have grabbers all over the map, and they can't be used.
2- Reduce the number of unusable power ups. (grabbers)
3- BIG ONE, Please remove the setting that requires one to pick up every power up to complete the map. Your own description says we must kill every particle, and that was what I did, then I had to back track and grab all those useless grabber designs etc. many stuck in mire I had to wait to get cleared by guns and omnis.
4- Maybe give us one or two more tankers to make it easier to fight on more than one front? (optional imho)

Big plusses.
1- Scale! Huge maps aren't always fun. but I found a challenge waiting around every corner. Loved it.
2- Number of Omnis was balanced. They were absolutely a requirement for winning the map in good time, you didn't starve us of Omnis, but you didn't give us so many that it became an Omni map though. Omnis could only do so much, and often were best used in tandem with the fleet.
3- Mine placement. I actually thought this was one of the best parts, and why more tankers might not be a good idea. Part of the strategy was to fight your way through jumping into enemy territory, knocking out the mine, and it's limited range = having to fuel up while leapfrogging along.

Lastly, all you maps are a true joy for bringing in our own sandbox fleet. When I brought in my own ships the 2nd time I added one more tanker,. and love that you give us enough power available to truly use the WHOLE SANDBOX, ie: build whatever stupid huge armada we want to,. and then still have a challenging map for them to fight.

The CyberDyneSystems fleet truly enjoyed kicking the arse of your giant oversized flagships! :) :) :)

Thanks for a great map

Xeiron_Industries

after coming back from a year of activity, its good to see people still like it, im gonna make a bigger and better map
May the Xeiron Fleet crush any particulate in its wake

Johnny Haywire

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?