Ruine will not record victory

Started by Glenn35, January 04, 2014, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn35

When the ship is moved and the key is collected the game asked if you want to claim victory and i do. then the planet is still locked and shows no score but the game end is auto saved?????n If i return there is nothing to do????

knucracker

Email me these files (to support@knucklecracker.com):
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\sectors\internal\1\story_3\Ruine-auto.cw3
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\sectors\internal\1\story_3\Ruine.cw3
and any other file that has Ruine in the name.  These are your saves for the Ruine mission.

Also email me this file:
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\missionstats.dat

I've had this reported a few times, but it remains a mystery as to how it can happen.  At the end of a mission the game records yours score in missionstats.dat.  It does so using the GUID of the current mission.  Either the score was zero, the GUID was somehow blank (or different), the write to missionstats.dat failed, or something overwrite missionstats.dat after the score was recorded.

By sending me you files, I may be able to gain more insight.  I will also very likely add a 'cheat' later today that allows a world to be unlocked.  This will allow bypassing a mission where this happens (as a last resort).  In your case you can either wait for that or restart the mission and play it again.  Please send me the files before you do this, though, else your auto-save file will be forever lost as it will be overwritten when you play again.

Glenn35

Have tried replay and won three times will send files...

knucracker

Alright, I identified a possible cause for this issue.  In short if you load a game from a save slot (including an auto save), then restart the the mission from the in-game menu, you can lose the GUID for the mission.  Subsequent auto-saves, or manual saves, will have blank mission GUIDs after that for that mission.  This is not good...

I have corrected this issue in the latest public beta build here:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14505.0

Note, in your case you must restart the mission from the planetary menu.  Fly to Ruine, click start, then click Restart Mission.  Do not load any of your saves, else you will just get an empty GUID.  If you do this, then you can complete the mission and move to other words.

Please also grab and install the latest public beta from the link above.  That will prevent this issue from recurring (hopefully).