Custom Map #1601: Omni 6. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, October 29, 2020, 04:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1601: Omni 6

Author: FOXX
Size: 280x300

Desc:
#EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #NoStunners #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #BravoGoodMorning #ThanksToBuilder17 #ThanksToYum234 #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis

GoodMorning

The island with the two 80-strength mire spawners doesn't seem to be conquerable (with every bit of end-game tech and firepower I can throw at it).

While trying, the mire-warp was destroyed, too.

Any idea why, FOXX?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 30, 2020, 04:29:22 AM
The island with the two 80-strength mire spawners doesn't seem to be conquerable (with every bit of end-game tech and firepower I can throw at it).

Any idea why, FOXX?

Hi GoodMorning,
not really sure to be honest but there is a 'thing' with the Mirewarp.
When i first added these to my maps i noticed that the settings of the Mirewarp don't work when overmired so my solution was to spawn another Mirewarp in when the Mirespawner is destroyed. And sometimes (not always) the first Mirewarp gets destroyed but the Spawned Mirewarp is the active one.
This setup should work. Maybe not enough Omni's on the Mirewarp island?
That is my options for now.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

alche

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 30, 2020, 04:29:22 AM

Any idea why, FOXX?
i just placed mi omnis on the island conected by the virtual bridge, and waited till it mired the big island with those 80s, no problem. it just needs to destroy some hidden structure there, just takes time

also, great map!!

FOXX

Quote from: alche on October 30, 2020, 01:12:33 PM
i just placed mi omnis on the island conected by the virtual bridge, and waited till it mired the big island with those 80s, no problem. it just needs to destroy some hidden structure there, just takes time

also, great map!!
Thanks Alche.
Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

chwooly

I decided to cheat by Rock burning the area under the mine by the blue particle cache, The I was able to build the mine and power the cache which took out the island on the lower right. Now I can't win even though I am at 100% mired and everything is gone, it won't give me the win condition. For the islands I didn't have a problem with them

I did think this should have been 2 maps, Took me over an hour to play and I prefer 30-40 min maps LOL

Thanks

Foxx
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

FOXX:
Glad to know that it's not my fault, but I had packed every Omni I could onto the flat island. It's probably an issue with stacking the MireWarp script in the same cell, and execution order.
Also, 6K particles is a recipe for lag, so perhaps smaller/thinner doppels?

chwooly:
I agree, two maps would have worked better for this - left and right, perhaps?

Thanks for making this, FOXX.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

chwooly

I went back and re played the map, didn't try a short cut this time, Still took me over an hour. But this time got the win condition. No other problems noted

Good Morning, Yes, Left and Right would have worked well,

Thanks again Foxx

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on October 30, 2020, 09:21:20 PM
I decided to cheat by Rock burning the area under the mine by the blue particle cache, The I was able to build the mine and power the cache which took out the island on the lower right. Now I can't win even though I am at 100% mired and everything is gone, it won't give me the win condition. For the islands I didn't have a problem with them
Hmmm, in my opinion you can play (and shortcut) a map the way you want / can and should be ok for mire all conditions.
But here the age acted different?!?! Can't explain why.

QuoteI did think this should have been 2 maps, Took me over an hour to play and I prefer 30-40 min maps LOL

Thanks

Foxx
Most of these Omni maps go for around an hour (or more). I'll keep this in mind.
Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 31, 2020, 06:33:41 PM
FOXX:
Glad to know that it's not my fault, but I had packed every Omni I could onto the flat island. It's probably an issue with stacking the MireWarp script in the same cell, and execution order.
Also, 6K particles is a recipe for lag, so perhaps smaller/thinner doppels?

chwooly:
I agree, two maps would have worked better for this - left and right, perhaps?

Thanks for making this, FOXX.
Welcome GoodMorning,

Yeah, those doppels turned out to be 2 instead of 1. I don't think it is only particles which cause lag because in other Omni maps with lag there are almost no particles. Combination of things probably.
Maybe is best to reduce the mapsize for these maps.

Thinking ............ :)

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

stdout

I've really enjoyed your maps FOXX.

Suggestion for the future, maybe set mire to 99%? This avoids the annoying circumstance where you missed a tiny island somewhere and you have to spend time looking around to see where the speck of unmired land is.

FOXX

Quote from: stdout on November 02, 2020, 05:57:48 PM
I've really enjoyed your maps FOXX.

Suggestion for the future, maybe set mire to 99%? This avoids the annoying circumstance where you missed a tiny island somewhere and you have to spend time looking around to see where the speck of unmired land is.
Thanks Stdout,
I have been thinking of this (and in the Chicken-Duck map i had to set the mire % to 99 because of acouple of landpieces sticking out of Duck image if i remember good.)
With 100% mire the challenge is to mire all the land. With 99% and a lot of land the player doesn't need to get his omni's to every piece of land (yes, i have had this in a map when testing, can't remember which one)
So for the most part i will stay on 100% for that reason.
Greets
FOXX

I have played a recent image map of yours which was very enjoyable :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

n3s

I lost the mirewarp somehow too, with the island as packed as I could get it with omnis. I tried throwing cannons and grabber streams at that target big half circle island but quickly gave up. Fun map up until it became unwinnable.

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on November 04, 2020, 12:16:48 PM
I lost the mirewarp somehow too, with the island as packed as I could get it with omnis. I tried throwing cannons and grabber streams at that target big half circle island but quickly gave up. Fun map up until it became unwinnable.

Hmmm, I'm all my testruns with these mirewarps (spawning in the 2nd workable mirewarp) it went ok. And all of a sudden it breaks in this map. Maybe because i used older scripts but probably not the case.
Anyhows, because of this issue unfortunately the mirewarp is off the menu.

Thanks for input.
Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

n3s

Quote from: FOXX on November 05, 2020, 07:11:34 AM
Anyhows, because of this issue unfortunately the mirewarp is off the menu.

I've never encountered a problem with them before, though.

I think maybe moving forward, make it a realistic application, though. There were some big mire totem things on that island that the warp + 7 or whatever omnis were just never going to be able to put a dent in. Trying to warp the mire from a handful of omnis vs a +100 red mire tower thing just isn't gonna happen, and may be part of the problem here?