Custom Map #1436: Progenitor 7. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2019, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1436: Progenitor 7

Author: FOXX
Size: 221x221

Desc:
The Progenitor is all that matters. Destroy it and you win the Mission. #EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #LandValueUp #EmergentUp #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis #Teleporter by Virgil

n3s

I love your maps but I hate your ships.  :P

I always enjoy them when I use my (not totally ridiculously but yes slightly ridiculous) ship loadout. They're not-ridiculous enough that it's never a steamroll cakewalk, but strong enough that I'm not asking "who would ever NOT build a good fleet when they have the technology available to do so?"

That's one of my biggest gripes with custom maps, too many mapmakers are like "HERE'S 92,000 PARTICLES PER SECOND AND YOU GET A SINGLE CANNON STRAPPED TO AN ENGINE, GOOD LUCK SLUGGER."

You're not that bad, by a longshot, but I still prefer ships that are more capable. (but not so ridiculous that they take 982 seconds to build, I hate that. Most of my 'backbone' ships are quick builds, actually.)

Anyway, yet another Foxx map I liked, yay!

GoodMorning

There's a compromise to be made - the Marauder is at what I consider the sweet spot to be. FOXX uses more armour than I tend to on anything but an assault lathe.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

n3s

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 18, 2019, 07:58:55 PM
There's a compromise to be made - the Marauder is at what I consider the sweet spot to be. FOXX uses more armour than I tend to on anything but an assault lathe.

The Maurader is not bad but I'm not a fan of the weird shape. My favorite is an augmented wolf, with more missiles and a few lasers for close defense and a few particle beams for slowing particles and enemy fighters, and clearing plasma. It's just a little longer than a wolf and maybe half again as wide. Then I have a cannon variant of the same design, but I usually just include one of those because missiles are better at clearing particles.

Then I have a not-quite-square ship that has a guppy, a shield, energy tanks, 2 stunner disrupters, and 4 cannons/4 missiles and some lasers and particle beams. It's not particularly effective by itself but it also has the energy sharing thing tankers use (can't remember the name of that ship piece) so it's really versatile and a good fit for a "task force" made up of smaller but more capable ships. And it sounds like it's a long build but it's really not. In any given map I can usually, USUALLY have one or two ready before stunners show up, after building a cheaper unit starting out. (the wolf revision I mentioned above is my usual starter.)

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on September 18, 2019, 06:51:47 PM
I love your maps but I hate your ships.  :P
I'll pass it on to the hangar (thats where the ships are made ;)

QuoteI always enjoy them when I use my (not totally ridiculously but yes slightly ridiculous) ship loadout. They're not-ridiculous enough that it's never a steamroll cakewalk, but strong enough that I'm not asking "who would ever NOT build a good fleet when they have the technology available to do so?"
Ships have a huge impact on gameplay so in choosing particular ships can make a map harder/easier.

QuoteThat's one of my biggest gripes with custom maps, too many mapmakers are like "HERE'S 92,000 PARTICLES PER SECOND AND YOU GET A SINGLE CANNON STRAPPED TO AN ENGINE, GOOD LUCK SLUGGER."

You're not that bad, by a longshot, but I still prefer ships that are more capable. (but not so ridiculous that they take 982 seconds to build, I hate that. Most of my 'backbone' ships are quick builds, actually.)
I have encountered some maps of that type. Yeah waiting until the big ship is build and then win the map. Not my fav maps also.

QuoteAnyway, yet another Foxx map I liked, yay!
Yay :)
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS