Custom Map #1413: Progenitor 6. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, August 02, 2019, 11:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1413: Progenitor 6

Author: FOXX
Size: 148x226

Desc:
The Progenitor is all that matters. Destroy it and you win the Mission. #EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #LandValueUp #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman

Kerbal Kowbell

At first a study in frustration.  :o
But after replaying it, and not trying to do the impossible I got a quite good time and gave it a firm 9.  :-*

FOXX

Quote from: Kerbal Kowbell on August 26, 2019, 05:48:57 PM
At first a study in frustration.  :o
But after replaying it, and not trying to do the impossible I got a quite good time and gave it a firm 9.  :-*
Guessing you tried to go to the south first?
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Kerbal Kowbell

No i'm crazy, but not quite that crazy.  ;D
No the frustation came from dodging the two doppels, trying to keep the power going and getting the omnies in place to open up one side.

Refining my tactic by removing / flipping all 4 emitters there first, it went better.
After letting the mission rest, my subconsious had figured it out and replaying it now I got a decent time of 7:52.9
Still behind you, but I'm happy with that result.
You're still better than me at this as your time is a whole minute ahead.  ;)

FOXX

Quote from: Kerbal Kowbell on August 29, 2019, 10:07:55 AM
No i'm crazy, but not quite that crazy.  ;D
No the frustation came from dodging the two doppels, trying to keep the power going and getting the omnies in place to open up one side.
;D That part can be tricky. I remember from my finalize run that i almost lost my latheship when i took over the 1st top flipemitter. If that ship was lost that would have been a good setback.

QuoteRefining my tactic by removing / flipping all 4 emitters there first, it went better.
After letting the mission rest, my subconsious had figured it out and replaying it now I got a decent time of 7:52.9
Still behind you, but I'm happy with that result.
You're still better than me at this as your time is a whole minute ahead.  ;)
well, on a map like this a minute is not so long and your time is really good.
Don't forget i have made a loooooot of PF maps and kind of know what to do in certain situations.
Also played quite some other maps but don't have the time to play them all because of pf editor. (like that to much to play more custom maps but recently i had the idea of playing the custom maps rated over 8)  don't know how that idea will work out.

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Kerbal Kowbell

Thank you. Yes I am happy with the time I got, and expect I only might shave off a few seconds if I replay it - as my time is a bit limited, that'll be another time.
For the same reason I will not have time to make any of my own, perhaps for the entire autumn.

But you do indeed make good maps, where I do enjoy cracking at a solution like this one. :)

A while back I wondered a bit if we're nuts who play a 2D game, but a search on the internets revealed that both this kind of game as well as platforms seem to have a bit of a reinessance.
Knuckelcracker got some small part, but I think it's Cuphead that pulled the largest load.