Custom Map #1320: Ingame Ship Editor Map 1. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, January 26, 2019, 02:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1320: Ingame Ship Editor Map 1

Author: FOXX
Size: 366x166

Desc:
Introduction Map for the InGame Ship Editor. Attention -> This Map Takes Time. #InGameEditor by GoodMorning & Kajacx #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman

El doctor de creatividad

May I just say, Oh my **** that is just...  wow!  How long did it take to write the script!?
Whatever happens, may quantum mechanics - or whatever the true nature of our home universe may be - may such nature have mercy on us all...

GoodMorning

I got a chunk of the code from kajacx - the part that turns a ship-plan in PRPL into something you can place - but I choose not to think about how much time I spent writing, rewriting, debugging, changing, extending, reverting ...

I hope that you've enjoyed it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

D0m0nik

Wow, I don't know coding but still in awe that you made this. Amazing.

So much fun playing with ships (I should probably try the editor!!).

It does make you realise how most custom shops sacrifice practicality for aesthetics, it is easy to make quite a compact ship with all the bells and whistles!

Random Event

Quote from: El doctor de creatividad on January 29, 2019, 12:55:36 AM
May I just say, Oh my **** that is just...  wow!  How long did it take to write the script!?
I quite agree
Is anything truly random?

yum-forum

Quote from: Random Event on February 01, 2019, 08:12:13 PM
I quite agree

+1 +1 +1 !!!!  :D :D :D
It was so fascinating to play! So good planned gameplay and fantastic work with scripts!
Big big thanks for excellent work! :)

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

FOXX

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 01, 2019, 07:34:41 PM
Wow, I don't know coding but still in awe that you made this. Amazing.

So much fun playing with ships (I should probably try the editor!!).

It does make you realise how most custom shops sacrifice practicality for aesthetics, it is easy to make quite a compact ship with all the bells and whistles!
I can Copy-Paste code like a mad man but this system is something else. Awesome.
Great feature i think is the Alt-X option to return a ship in the editor and Upgrade.
I only added the Custom Modules (from Map 3 on)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

Quote from: yum-forum on February 07, 2019, 12:58:44 PM
Quote from: Random Event on February 01, 2019, 08:12:13 PM
I quite agree

+1 +1 +1 !!!!  :D :D :D
It was so fascinating to play! So good planned gameplay and fantastic work with scripts!
Big big thanks for excellent work! :)

Whoohoo Community :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

yum-forum

It is so creative idea to bring into game ship's editor. Player can build ships "on demand" at any time!  :D
And also interesting (and well balanced!) that player struggle for additional resources.

Two suggestions:
1. Will be nice if player can destroy own ship and all "resources" will return back to editor.
2. Will be nice if player can duplicate builded in editor own ship (if enough resources) instead of building it again from the beginning.

P.S. Sorry if something wrong because I am not yet played next maps.
last

GoodMorning

The first can be done already - though it just goes back to the editor, you have to disassemble it yourself.

The second would be nice, but it's hard to communicate "not enough resources" when it fails.

johntuck

Okay, I think I'm doing something wrong. I can't get the parts to place inside of the designer block. Hull will place, but the individual components won't, and I've tried quite a number of things. Any advice?

Durikkan

Quote from: johntuck on February 17, 2019, 03:35:17 PM
Okay, I think I'm doing something wrong. I can't get the parts to place inside of the designer block. Hull will place, but the individual components won't, and I've tried quite a number of things. Any advice?

You may have encountered what I encountered.  Components can only be placed on white hull pieces and not on gray armor pieces. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

GoodMorning

Indeed - this is the same as the ship editor that came with the game, which I was trying to emulate as far as practical. (Although there were a few things I thought worth adding.)

yum-forum

More practical and friendly to use will be to place individual components and corresponding number of hulls will be reduced from total hull's amount (of course if it will be enough on account).
last