Custom Map #862: Just Go Left. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, August 03, 2017, 07:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #862: Just Go Left

Author: FOXX
Size: 500x128

Desc:
The Basic ideas came from Una_1337. This is by Far the Hardest Map i have Made -> You have been Warned !! Scripts by Stickman & FOXX #Spawningalot #Waves #PFETD #EditStruc #Hard

svartmes

Feels good to finally get a first place (for the time being atleast) again. I've been slacking off so it's been awhile :)
I managed to skip wave 2 and 3. HQ suiciding is OP so I kinda wish it hadn't been an option but since it was I took it as a challenge to get a really good time.

FOXX

Whoohoo svartmes.
But how did you skip wave 2?!? That wasn't supposed to be happening. [wave 3 i know off]
And the HQ suiciding is always a topic of discussion. [we call it HQ Bomb]
Speedrunners or players who want to have the fastest score will always look if HQ Bomb is an option for the time. But we Mapmakers Support the way the map is supposed to be played. We also know we can't stop it and personally, i don't mind if players seek alternate ways.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

svartmes

I just never went near it :)  1. HQ spawn to the right to claim the energy to build a lathe to take care of first wave. 2. Destroy HQ to respawn to the leftmost energy and build the rest of my fleet. 3 start bombing and clean up.

FOXX

Quote from: svartmes on August 10, 2017, 08:04:48 AM
I just never went near it :)  1. HQ spawn to the right to claim the energy to build a lathe to take care of first wave. 2. Destroy HQ to respawn to the leftmost energy and build the rest of my fleet. 3 start bombing and clean up.
Ahaaa, nice Strategy. I didn't think of that so for me -> You deserve 1st Place ;)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

I really liked this map. I decided not to go for the quick way (the HQ bomb) because I wanted to see the surprises. IMO, this could've been a lot harder and still been fun, mainly because of the 5 total lathes available. Stuff dies quickly with even 4 lathes, so it's easy to just take down the emitters pretty quickly.

The only wave that I'd say requires saving/restarting is the first one. After that, you can just survive all the others pretty easily.

If you want to do this map the intended way, here's one tip that will make the final boss & final wave much easier:

Spoiler
Gem your 3 MK-7 ships and have them sit outside of the final boss' range and kill it first before proceeding to trigger the final wave. It's pretty easy that way.
[close]

Thanks for the map! I really like the wide-open maps, and surprises are always fun  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 29, 2018, 02:13:18 PM
I really liked this map. I decided not to go for the quick way (the HQ bomb) because I wanted to see the surprises. IMO, this could've been a lot harder and still been fun, mainly because of the 5 total lathes available. Stuff dies quickly with even 4 lathes, so it's easy to just take down the emitters pretty quickly.

The only wave that I'd say requires saving/restarting is the first one. After that, you can just survive all the others pretty easily.

If you want to do this map the intended way, here's one tip that will make the final boss & final wave much easier:

Spoiler
Gem your 3 MK-7 ships and have them sit outside of the final boss' range and kill it first before proceeding to trigger the final wave. It's pretty easy that way.
[close]

Thanks for the map! I really like the wide-open maps, and surprises are always fun  ;D

Sometimes i think of putting a little land under the enemy CM and sometimes i forget ;)
Glad you liked the map and i might do another map like this. (made a note in the list of ideas)
Plenty of supprises to come :)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

That. Map. Is. Awesome.

I like TD games anyway, but an open field TD game with mobile defence based on PF? OH! Nom!

Thank you FOXX and Una_1337. First map I've ever played of anything that makes me want to create a map.

Kudos and kisses

:-*

FOXX

Quote from: Tessier-Ashpool S.A. on October 10, 2020, 05:19:43 AM
That. Map. Is. Awesome.

I like TD games anyway, but an open field TD game with mobile defence based on PF? OH! Nom!

Thank you FOXX and Una_1337. First map I've ever played of anything that makes me want to create a map.

Kudos and kisses

:-*
Thanks Tessier-Ashpool S.A.,
Glad you liked this map. As i remember this was more about the waves in TD then the gameplay. Recently i posted another kind of TD map but when making those i haven't thought of this map.
So thanks for the reminder :)
Maybe time to revisit this map. (Just go Right)
If you like to create a PF map this would not be the easiest to begin with but if you go for making a map and you have questions you can ask and i try to help.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!