I don't like it
3 (13%)
I hate it!
1 (4.3%)
The above choices do not represent my opinion
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Dark Ambition

How does everyone feel about uploading ships larger than normal onto the exchange? I mean like, ships made using Kajacx's custom ship editor.

If you see Decagons 'Heavy Defence Platform' or whatever it's called, you know it's possible.

I can't use polls in this thread, so i'll use strawpoll for this: https://strawpoll.com/58r66527

GoodMorning

You could just ask someone (with the power) to add a poll.

For my opinion, nay. The ships we see uploaded are usually more than large enough.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Well, i can't say i don't like Big Ships because I've already used a lot of Ships build in Kajacx Editor. [for example -> http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=24667]

I, personally, LOVE Kajacx Editor and all the Big Ships and other possibilities it offers.
If used properly in Maps -> YES, for uploading these big ships into the Official Ship List -> NO.

Also, i've noticed that if you don't prebuild the Big Ships they cause Lag when start building.
So a couple of these Big Ships with Particles and quite some Mirering can cause heavy lag even on Medium Sized Maps.

If MapMakers have a Big Ship and its functioning good and well implemented i'd say ok.

ps -> Didn't vote yet, wait for a Forum Poll.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Keeper Decagon

You do have to keep in mind however that there is a hard limit to how big a ship can get before it simply refuses to upload the ship onto the exchange. That means that ships only slightly larger than normal will be able to be uploaded. I can't say exactly how big, all I know is that there is a limit.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Sorrontis

I've been hitting that hard limit multiple times. I don't particularly care either way mostly because ships are ships, and that way everyone gets to play with more ships. Since I don't use other peoples ships, I just put what I have for others too see
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."