Dark Ambition's Story Hub

Started by Dark Ambition, October 31, 2016, 03:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Ambition

Quote from: cpaca on August 30, 2017, 10:33:17 PM
Stuff Ambition should know, but it's OOC.
Hey, I ran your "Google translate fail" language through google translate. 
I got this... and I think it's correct. You lied.
!! Pre-notification !!
Encryption entry number specified
Advanced Control Regulation System Surveillance

Communist Volleyball Balan
[close]

Nope. That's not it. Not the language or the message.

I tried that myself, that's why I said it wouldn't work. You'd have to do the research. It's not hard, I just used a single website to translate. You just have to find out the language.
I didn't use any random language. Due to Progenitors being from Homeworld, I used the language connected to the Progenitors. It's missable, after all your pretty distracted in that mission, it's but there.

cpaca

Lol, how didn't I check that was right to begin with. 
"Communist Volleyball Balan"
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Spaartan

Faction 3: Falcon Renegades [Preparing]
Commander: Lexx Abara

Abara: Well, I guess this should be fun. An Interdictor huh? Well then, I'll request the construction of a smaller HQ of my design. Get to work, crew!
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Spaartan

Faction 3: Falcon Renegades [In Transit]
Commander: Lexx Abara

(I hope these ships are able to pass the Interdictor. If they don't, well I'm screwed.)

Abara: Okay, when we get there, we split into three different groups. The three groups are as follows:
HQ Group
[close]
Tanking Group
[close]
Scout Group
[close]

Abara: Jump as near as we can to the sector without slamming into normal space. Ready in 3... 2... 1... Jump!

cpaca

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT! 
Before you make what happens,  I need to make a reply on something that happens while Spaartan is Rifting through space. By now, enough time has passed however that he could get to any of his ships and given this information to them. [Said reply will be on Spaartan's post because it only involves me and him]
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Dark Ambition

Vera Slate

-|- ALERT: COMMAND SHIP IN DANGER -|-

Vera Slate: What the hell?! What happened?!

Corporal: Ma'am, The Interdictor field... it's strength just increased to maximum power! It scans as even stronger than the T-Mat's Catalyst Scythe! The sudden shift has caused a Void Storm, and destroyed some of our ships.

Vera Slate: Damn. Send word to command. We may need reinforcements.

Corporal: Uhh... we're being jammed.

Vera Slate: What.

Corporal: This field is jamming any and all signals being sent outward. We're stuck here, and we can't call for backup.

Vera Slate: ... Impulse drives?

Corporal: Operational.

Vera Slate: Find us a defendable position. We need to get our bearings if we want to live.

[close]

Unit 3400

Unit 3400: Acknowledged Command. I will not let you down.

Fleet Assembled. Engage Hyperspace.

Unit 3400: ALERT! VOID STORM DETECTED!

Unit 3400: Interdictor lost. Defence units lost. Fleet at low capacity. Attack vessel compliment not responding. Command Self damaged. Fighter 4 reporting heavy damage, repairs underway. Fighter 6 breaking apart, repairs impossible.

3400 to Collective Command, requesting reinforcements. Repeat: 3400 to Collective Command, requesting...

There's a jammer... i'm alone... Well. This changes things.

PROTOCOL DICTATES ACTION.

INITIATING GROUND OPERATIONS. A BASE MUST BE ESTABLISHED. I WILL CREATE MY OWN FLEET WITH THE REMAINS OF THIS SECTOR.

THE ANOMALY WILL BE MINE. AND I WILL NOT LET ANYONE STAND IN MY WAY.

[close]

Lexx Abara

Lexx Abara: REPORT!

Tanking Group: All vessels reporting in.

Scouting Group: Present.

Lexx Abara: Good, then we're ready to get this thing!

We split up here! The HQ Group will set up a small forward base. Tankers, you distract anyone that gets in our way. Scouters, you find the anomaly and bring it back to us. Understood?

All: Yes!

Lexx Abara: Then let us be off. Rift Space!

Lexx Abara: Emergency! Something happened, the Interdictor field has just gotten stronger! We lost some ships to something.

Tanker Group reporting. We have lost our big guns! We won't be able to distract anyone for long.

Scouting Group reporting. Minimal losses. We're mostly fine, but we lost our missile boats.

Lexx Abara: Looks like my decision to split up was a good idea. That storm would probably have been stronger, the more packed our groups would have been. I'm sure we'd all be dead if we stuck together.

ALRIGHT! Tanker group, rendezvous with us, you're no longer capable of your original task. Scouting Group, find that anomaly!

All: Right away!

LATER...

Scouting Group reporting. We... uhh... found the anomaly...

Lexx Abara: Bring it back. What is it?

Scouting Group: I'm not sure what it is, but... uhhh...

it might be a bit big to just... tow it away...

[close]

-----
X Progenitor Locus O Progenitor Mothership

>Priority Alpha
>Protect the Casket
-----

OOC
Whatever has lowered the strength of the Inhibitor field has stopped. The field is back to it's original strength. Nobody could possibly get through it.

The fleets are stuck. Three enemies, trapped in a single sector. Their only hope, capture the anomaly. And pray that it can turn off the inhibitor.

And pray that the particulate doesn't kill them first.

(If you have specific ideas for what your faction will do, PM me. I have ideas of my own, but i'd like to hear yours too, in case i like it more.)
[close]

Dark Ambition

-|- ADAS Online. Welcome. -|-

-|- Attention. Experimental Emitter control test scheduled starting in 90 minutes. -|-
-|- Dr. Jenner, report to Operation Center. -|-
-|- Dr. Allard, please verify Reactor output. -|-
-|- Dr. Tina, please call Administration. -|-
-|- Relevant personnel, report to Emitter test lab immediately. -|-
-|- Lieutenant James, report for roll call. -|-
-|- Sergeant Leonard, report to Communication center immediately. -|-
-|- Science team, report Drill status. -|-
-|- Reactor output verified at maximum efficiency. -|-
-|- Inspection team report to Manufactury. -|-
-|- Sergeant Bell report to Checkpoint Alpha. -|-
-|- Tech Sergeant report to Emitter test lab immediately. -|-
-|- Power irregularities detected in Reactor Control. -|-
-|- Warning. High energy detonation detected in Emitter lab. -|-
-|- Warning. Anomalous signal detected in Module One. Module Two. Module Three. -|-
-|- Elevator failure. Module Three. -|-
-|- Warning. Unknown Biological signals detected in Module Three. -|-
-|- Security personnel reports casualties in Emitter test lab. -|-
-|- Warning. Unknown Biological signal detected in ventilation system. -|-
-|- Science personnel evacuate Module Three immediately. -|-
-|- Warning. Unknown Biological signals detected in Drill Control. -|-
-|- Warning Anomalous signals detected in Administration. -|-
-|- Elevator failure. Emitter test lab. -|-
-|- Casualties: 78 and rising. -|-
-|- Extreme danger. All turrets activated. -|-
-|- Emergency Drill containment team report to Drill Control. -|-
-|- Emergency Biohazard team report to Drill Control. -|-
-|- Attention. Administration evacuate Module One immediately. -|-
-|- Warning. Particle Emitter signal detected in Drill Control. -|-
-|- Attention. Any Drill Control personnel report status please. -|-
-|- Biohazard warning in Drill Control. -|-
-|- Attention: T-ttt TTTThis sys-systmmm SYSTEM NOW UNDER HYDRAXIL COLLECTIVE CONTROL-----
-----ALERT: UNKNOWN EMITTER SIGNAL DETECTED IN DRILL CONTROL-----
-----ALERT: HOSTILE FORCES DETECTED IN ADMINISTRATION-----
-----ALERT: INTRUDER DETECTED IN STATION CONTROL-----
-----ALERT: STATION SELF DESTRUCT ENGA

OOC

I saw this video and I couldn't help myself:
That would explain why some of it sounds familiar, huh? XD
[close]

Spaartan

Dark Ambition

Lexx Abara: System scans show nothing else in the area. What the hell happened to the Research Station? It self destructed, right on top of the Casket, but it didn't get scratched.

I've collected the last logs of the ADAS.

I want to hear theories people. Give me your best.

(OOC: That means YOU! I'd like to hear what you think went down before and after the destruction of the station.)

cpaca

Hmm. Slight question. Is the supernuke spartan has on that team? If so, my theory is bad what with hydraxil.

Hydraxil took control of all the ships via the storm they caused.
I hope commander knows the power of the supernuke. Also has a manual override and ZERO automated startups.
I'm worried they might get nuke tech...
Made it as nonreverseengineerable as I can, but that can only go so long.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: cpaca on September 02, 2017, 02:36:06 AM
Hmm. Slight question. Is the supernuke spartan has on that team? If so, my theory is bad what with hydraxil.

Hydraxil took control of all the ships via the storm they caused.
I hope commander knows the power of the supernuke. Also has a manual override and ZERO automated startups.
I'm worried they might get nuke tech...
Made it as nonreverseengineerable as I can, but that can only go so long.

No, the SuperNuke was given to Spaartan after Lexx went after the anomaly. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't include it for balance.

The Hydraxil Collective didn't cause the Void Storm. GalCorp saw it as an Interdictor. The Collective thought it was a Gravity Well.

But the Inhibitor field increased in strength so fast, and with much more power, that it surpassed even the Catalyst Scythe of the T-Mat. So... this is a new type of Inhibitor. One that, it's strength, caused a Void Storm. The three fleets happened to enter the field at almost the same time, thus getting hit with the storm equally.

Falcon Renegades utilized Collective technology. This makes them especially vulnerable to the Collectives hacking, some of their systems being Hydraxil technology and all. Whether their ships are automated or not, it doesn't matter, they just need good firewalls.

Oh. Don't worry about the Nuke. This is the Hydraxil Collective we're talking about, they have stuff that's much worse than a supernuke. *Citation needed

That being said, it shouldn't be a problem. After all... the Collective fleet only has a single, heavily damaged, ship.

...right?

Spaartan

Uhm, I don't really have any theories for this but I'll try.

After the destruction, the Hydraxil were able to take control of the casket and they are currently creating a ship to kill everything.

The Progenitor Mothership could arrive and worst case scenario, the Hydraxil hack the mothership, if it's possible.

GoodMorning

(OOC: A theory on the nature of the anomaly. Place this theory in the head of whoever it suits)

This appears to be a condensed-matter spatial warp containment. Much as certain materials oppose internal magnetic fields, so this structure is sufficiently dense that it prevents spatial warping within the former area it contains. This also makes it nearly impossible to damage, and causes a significant gravity well.

As to why it's here... the only reason to build this in such a shape would be to seal a wormhole. The reduction in external gravity indicates a powerful attempt to reopen it. Whatever we're dealing with here ... I think it needs to stay buried.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

A single ship; the mind of a grand strategist. Unit 3400 is not to be underestimated, especially since he was forcefully separated from the rest of the Collective.

He is no longer bound by protocol; restrictions on weapons and strategies that even the Collective regards as too dangerous no longer apply.

He will take control by any means necessary.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

(OOC: Theory two. As previous)

This appears to be a technological creation, but has no obvious external system access. The surface metal deposits appear to be of very high density, to the point that mire cannot adhere to them. The lack of detectable shockwaves or other vibrations in the structure following the explosion in contact with it indicates either exceedingly high density throughout the structure (although such construction seems infeasible); or some kind of internal inertia distribution technology, which may double as a power converter.

However, such a system will likely have automated responses to some set of triggers. A review of the immediate area suggests that the recent flare which resulted in detection of this anomaly has dislodged an accretion of various materials. Analysis of this debris field indicates that the "flare" followed an large impact from something metallic - possibly an orbiting station disturbed by the wanderer planet in the outer system. If we can recover the debris, it may tell us more.

(OOC: What odds that a wanderer planet just happens to pass through? Or that this is the first time this anomaly has been discovered? Was that actually a former research station, with no more knowledge or a command and docking vessel?)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.