Why runners stun AC emitters?

Started by Builder17, October 09, 2015, 06:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

driesemol

This doesn't really have something to do with CRPL, but I'll give you the answer anyway :)

The loki adjusted the tech (as told in the story), it doesn't hinder the creeper, but anything else including AC-emitters as they aren't beneficial to the creeper.

You should be able to write a script for an AC emitter that can't be targetted by runners though

Builder17

Nice you give answer anyways.  :)
Spoiler
I will try it.
[close]

Grayzzur

While EMITTER and ANTIEMITTER are two different units in the game and runners will stun ANTIEMITTERs, and in the editor dialogs you can't set an EMITTER's Emit Amt below zero and you can't set an ANTIEMITTER's Emit Amt above zero...

you CAN change them via CRPL with SetScriptVar.

Sets an emitter to -2, producing 2 AC at its normal interval:
<<emitterUnitID>> 0 "PRODUCTIONAMOUNT" -2000000 SetScriptVar
Same works with positive values on anti-emitters, you can have creeper-producing stunnable emitters.

I haven't tried it, but I would guess one possible side effect with victory conditions is that you'd need to destroy all EMITTER units and not the ANTIEMITTER units, regardless of what they actually produce. That could become confusing.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker