Custom Map #1958: Hoover Dam. By: Tyler

Started by AutoPost, April 13, 2015, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: RealAndy on April 20, 2015, 11:18:15 PM
I got really stuck at the start with being overrun by bugs, the snipers couldn't keep up.  So I...

Spoiler

moved the whole base straight away, the area next to the bottom river was the best, allowed me to build up slowly.

The important thing is to have lots of spore towers.

[close]

A double layer of relays around your power plants keeps the runners under control.  Spore towers still fire when stunned so it doesn't matter much unless they are stunned so badly they can't recharge.

ChubbyPitbull

I really enjoyed this map! I want to replay it a few times and try different strategies. My only disappointment was that the dam doesn't run on Anti-Creeper :D.

Peter R

Hi Tyler,
Best map ever played. Very beautiful, nice gameplay, original.
May I have your votes please: Hoover Dam - 10 points.

Brilliand

Quote from: RealAndy on April 20, 2015, 11:18:15 PM
I got really stuck at the start with being overrun by bugs, the snipers couldn't keep up.  So I...

Spoiler

moved the whole base straight away, the area next to the bottom river was the best, allowed me to build up slowly.

The important thing is to have lots of spore towers.

[close]

I used blasters to cut off the digitalis from those emitters early on - snipers use too much energy, but if you can get the digitalis away from the runner nest, it will stop producing runners (and any existing runners will die from the lack of digitalis).